Position: Communications Associate
General Description: The Communications Associate at Roswell United Methodist Church is responsible for RUMC’s external and internal communications with the primary directive of reaching our communities, the RUMC faith community, and RUMC staff. This position
will report directly to the Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing and will oversee communications volunteers in order to provide creative counsel, direction and support for RUMC ministries, events and initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Creation, design and execution of print and digital Communications. This position will create messages that communicate RUMC’s vision and mission to its members, staff and to the community while keeping to the integrity of the Roswell United Methodist branding.
Will utilize the following tools and methods:
o Digital Signage
o Promotional Items
o Social Media
o Adobe Creative Suite
o Media Relations
• Serve as in-house designer creating original graphics packages that will be used in brochures, digital signage, email newsletter, the website and more
• Collaborate with other Communications Team members, ministry teams and volunteers to ensure overall internal and external communications success
• Execute design and layout for regularly produced communications pieces including bulletin and e-newsletter
• Meet regularly with ministry areas to assess their communications needs and work with Communications volunteers to execute plans
• Actively update website graphics and content
• Assist in writing content for web and print vehicles
• Compose and arrange for distribution of church press releases
• Recruit, train and nurture volunteers in the Communications Ministry
• Oversee and execute church-wide mailings as needed
• Oversee campus signage
• Coordinate Operation of Print Room and oversee Communications’ print jobs and other tasks assigned
• Proofread, edit and correct RUMC publications following RUMC style guide and branding
• Proven project management skills
• Strong design skills using Adobe Creative Suite
• Five or more years’ experience in a similar role
• A passion for using skills to help others on their faith journey
• Familiarity with MailChimp, WordPress and Ministry Platform or similar tools preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills, or working conditions associated with this job. It is, however, intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job responsibilities. Please
specify job and email your resume to email@example.com.