Christ Church United Methodist of Louisville, Kentucky, is seeking a full-time Director of Lay Ministries to help congregation members grow in their discipleship through service by helping discover their gifts for ministry and finding opportunities to serve.
With 1100 worshiping each Sunday, Christ Church’s mission is becoming living proof of God’s love, one person at a time.
Responsibilities for the Director of Lay Ministries include:
- Facilitating spiritual gifts discovery workshops and follow-up with participants
- Recruiting congregation members to open serving positions that match their gifts
- Equipping and training volunteers for participation in and leadership of church ministries
- Participating in annual stewardship campaign
- Assisting the connection of new members into the life of the congregation
- Maintaining database of spiritual gifts, service opportunities and people in service
- Leading a variety of ministry teams while supporting others
The successful candidate will have experience recruiting, equipping, training, and leading volunteers; demonstrated ability to build and lead teams; and strong computer/data management skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.