Facilities Assistant will assist the Facilities Supervisor and Facilities Manger to improve and maintain the Faith Baptist Church Facilities.
Anticipated Time Commitments
1. Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: forty hours a week
2. Participating in meetings/training: as needed
1. Assist Facilities Supervisor in building repairs such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and support outside repair services when necessary.
2. Set up and take down chairs/partitions/tables/carts/signs as needed for weekly services, meetings and special functions.
3. Assist Facilities Supervisor by performing Grounds Keeping Duties:
- Cutting the grass weekly or as needed, depending on season
- Trim around shrubs, foundations – anywhere needed
- Spread fertilizer and weed and crabgrass preventer twice a year or as necessary
- Weed and water flower gardens
- Clear snow/ice/debris from walkways; put down ice-melting crystals to prevent slick sports when necessary
- Pick-up litter from grounds
- Maintain lawn and garden equipment; arrange for repairs when needed
- Order / pick-up lawn and garden supplies when needed
4. Help ensure that building is kept clean and ready for events by:
- Performing Custodial task that are not included in normal evening custodial work such as Carpet Cleaning, Window Cleaning, Strip and Re-Wax floors, Clean HVAC Return and Supply Diffuser / Registers, Washing / Cleaning Church vehicles, etc.
- Fill in for Part Time Custodians during times of Vacation / Sick / etc.
- Perform Custodial task related to daily events / activities such as respond to clogged toilets, spills, and custodial emergencies during working hours.
- Performing weekly routine office / classroom set-ups, re-set and straightening for events and upcoming classes, such as Sunday Morning preparations.
5. Other duties / activities in the spirit of Facilities Management such as securing building, turning off unnecessary equipment, Energy Savings, moving equipment, restocking supplies such as bathrooms, break rooms, and supporting daily ministry activities
of various pastors and ministry areas.