Bethany Christian Service’s heart is for children. Our mission is to demonstrate the love of Christ by bringing children and families together through pregnancy support, foster care, adoption, refugee, counseling, and many other services. Strengthening families
for the well-being of children is our top priority.
The Church Engagement Representative will serve to cultivate relationships with a designated group of assigned churches resulting in enhanced family and program recruitment and partnerships. They will execute a defined communication plan under the leadership
of the Director of Donor Relations and in partnership with the local Branch Director. The primary goal is one of establishing and developing productive relationships in geographic areas represented on assigned donor lists.
1. Successfully identify and develop positive and engaged church partners.
- Work with the branch to identify and build church relationships resulting in more families becoming involved with Bethany programs as well as increased contributions.
- Keep Digitals Assets church folder updated with useful resources.
- Create master lists of existing and prospect churches in each branch area.
- Reach targeted monthly, quarterly, and annual recruitment goals
2. Partner with local branch staff members to care well for donors identified in the geographical region.
- Provide consultation and direction to branch staff for specific church relationships when needed
- Coordinate meetings and information-sharing forums for branch staff to share best practices.
- Attend and provide insight in various meetings with Donor Engagement team and respective branches to ensure consistency and best practices for donor community
- Maintain regular and accurate donor communication, information, and revenue reporting in Donor Management System.
3. Support Regional Donor events and activities in partnership with local branches.
- Actively stay abreast of Bethany program activity in relation to donor interests in order to provide relevant and meaningful information or arrange referrals/appointments with program experts where required
- Professionally represent Bethany, and its nine core values, in all forms of communication
- Work with the branch and marketing department to provide updated resources
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in an advancement, fundraising, or donor engagement capacity
- Skillful communicator with the ability to establish relationships both in person and on the phone
- Demonstrated ability to stay focused and committed while cultivating ‘slow to develop’ relationships
- Ability to leverage knowledge of various philanthropic cultures
- Capable of multi-tasking and project managing
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, setting own daily agenda of planned communication
- Strong writing, time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Able and willing to frequently travel to meet with local donors/churches
- Willingness to work some evening events; with ability to flex time as needed
- Professional and superior client service approach
- Understanding of, and strong commitment to, Bethany’s values and unique identity (see
- Willingness to subscribe to and integrate Bethany’s Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment
- High level of personal and professional integrity, including the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor profiles and personal information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite/Outlook 365
- Emphasis on being a contributing member of the Donor Engagement department and the branch
Please visit the following link to apply: