GracePointe Community Church is seeking a Youth Pastor that will help us execute the mission of the church through developing the youth ministries (Ages 12-18), developing youth leadership, and building the character of the youth who attend our church and
live in our community.
GracePointe is located in Lee's Summit, MO which is the sixth largest city in the State of Missouri and in the Kansas City, Metropolitan area with an estimated population of around 93,000 people. As recently as 2010 Lee's Summit was ranked by CNN/Money 27th
on the list of "100 Best Cities to Live in the United States". Our city has a prominent private Christian school and three public high schools with a total student population of 5,600 and three middle schools with a total student population of 2,800.
We are seeking a self-starter; someone who can cast vision, develop leadership, and inspire students to pursue Christ and change their community.
Our church is a multi-generational, multi-cultural, spirit filled church that operates in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in 1 Corinthians 12, 13, and 14. The candidate should complement our ability to grow in these areas.
- Ministry Related Degree
- 2+ years of youth ministry experience
- Pastoral Reference
- Self-leadership and personal growth. Spiritually, personally, vocationally
- Character and modeling Christian conduct.
- Giving, serving person who is a collaborative team player
Passion for Ministry
- Personal salvation and call to ministry
- Love for youth
- Ability to sow into the development of leaders and a ministry team
- A drive to make it better and continued growth
- Clear, timely, and frequent communication with support team. Staff, youth, parents, and youth leaders.
- Facilitate a mid-week youth service that engages our youth and creates at atmosphere for spiritual formation
- Facilitate leadership development with youth and youth leaders on Sunday morning through a combination of ministry service and small groups.
- Facilitate discipleship through the development of middle school and high school small groups that aligns with the model of the church.
- Facilitate the availability of social events, outside of services, on a weekly basis and provide a calendar or activities on a quarterly basis.
- Create strategy and execute the following core annual big rocks for the youth group. Youth Convention. Youth Camp. Missions Event. Fine Arts.