Director of Children's Ministries
Job type: Part-time
Category: Children's Ministry
Location: Spokane Valley, WA Post Date: April 1, 2017
Part-Time (20 Hours/Week) Children's Ministries Director to provide administrative leadership to a dynamic, Gospel-driven church.
The Director of Children's Ministries will provide leadership to all areas of Children's Ministries (Birth-5th Grade). The Director of Children's Ministries will maintain a Biblical, comprehensive, and consistent vision for evangelizing and edifying the
Children of Valley Fourth Church (VFC) and our community.
- Clear testimony of God's saving & transforming grace
- Vision to develop and expand an innovative, engaging, Bible-based and Gospel-driven ministry to kids.
- Clear love for children and a manifest ability to connect with kids, relate to parents and develop volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience and success in directing a commensurate ministry for a minimum of two years is desired. Alternately, Child Development background with 3-5 years of experience working with children and volunteers will be considered.
Core Job Responsibilities
Ministry Oversight: Responsible for oversight of all ministries related to children (Birth through 5th) ensuring alignment with and support of the overall mission, vision and strategy of VFC. Responsible for all aspects of Children's ministry
and how it interacts with other ministries of the church. Anticipate and recommend ministry solutions as needed to support and enhance our overall mission and vision. Create and execute a ministry plan that outlines current year goals that support bridging
children’s Christian growth through all phases including merging into our Youth Ministry track.
Ministry Participation: Responsible for building a team of volunteers, recruiting and training leaders and workers, and being personally and directly involved in the lives of the children and their parents.
Budget Management: Responsible for creating and monitoring an annual budget. Must manage expenses to meet budgetary expectations for all areas of responsibility.
Leading People: Capability in involving others in ministry is a key success factor in this position. Responsible for all aspects of volunteer leadership in VFC’s Children's Ministries including: recruiting, setting expectations, coaching, caring, training,
developing, evaluating and discipline. Will determine necessary mix of skills and passion for Children's Ministry Team. Will confront and deal with Children's team issues in a Gospel-saturated, constructive, and timely manner. Responsible for overall morale
of team(s) and promoting unified attitude.
Teamwork & Communication: Will report directly to the Senior Pastor. Must establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all ministry leaders throughout the church. Will be expected to be involved in weekly Ministry Staff meetings. Comply with all
VFC policies and procedures. Participate in setting policies and procedures in children’s ministry area as needs arise.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Direct Nursery, Children’s Sunday School and Children’s Church (V4 Kids Powerhouse) weekly for birth through 5th.
- Direct mid-week evening ministry program for K-5th (V4 Kids).
- Plan and execute a successful VBS event annually.
- Develop and direct additional Children's special events annually.
- Review, approve, and distribute Children's Ministry curriculum.
- Train children's ministry team members.
- Partner with other church staff as needed.
- Deliver personal/team teaching involvement in Children's Ministries.
- Maintain healthy relationships with parents through consistent communication.
- Maintain volunteer schedule (Teachers, Assistants, Check-In Desk).
- Maintain organized resources & classroom supplies.
- Recruit & interview new volunteers.
- Ensure a safe learning environment.
Growth & Involvement Expectations
- Regular participation in the life of VFC.
- Maintain a consistent walk with God that evidences the fruit of the Spirit.
- Pursue professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- Demonstrate a positive, collegial relationship with fellow Ministry Staff.
Email Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com