Crossroads Community Church, located in the fast growing city of Austin, Texas, is looking for a Children’s Ministry Pastor or Director who is passionate about leading kids, parents, and leaders into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We are looking
for a proven-experienced leader who can lead our Children’s Ministry to the next level.
Crossroads is a 9-year-old church that averages 230 adults on Sundays, in addition to 70 kids from birth to 5th grade. Crossroads was planted by Hill Country Bible Church Austin in 2007 and participates with the Association of Hill Country Bible
Churches and the Christ Together Network. You can find out more about Crossroads at www.crossroadschurchaustin.com. Our misison is to give every man, woman, and child in greater Austin an opportunity to hear, see, and respond to the Gospel. Our Vision
is to invest in busy young families of North Austin to make much of Jesus in their everyday life .
- Be a mature, growing disciple with a consistent devotional life
- Meet the spiritual qualifications found in 1 Timothy and Titus
- Possess an undergraduate degree
- Exhibit a missional lifestyle and mindset
- Be a capable, engaging leader with bias toward execution
- Possess a love and passion for making disciples
- Be a strategic thinker
- Have a pulse on current movements in Children’s Ministry
- Be self-starter with strong work ethic and robust organizational & planning skills
- Exhibit an entrepreneurial and flexible attitude
- Have the ability to organize, recruit, and train leaders in all aspects of CM (50+ at Crossroads)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to see the challenges and bring solutions without being asked
- Be a capable team leader and multiplier of people
- Fit with our current leadership team
- Oversee Children’s Ministry from birth to 5th grade.
- Develop, equip, and empower staff volunteers and parents to to make disciples who make disciples.
- Recruit, lead, train, equip, and motivate volunteer teams
- Lead the recruiting effort for volunteer ministries so that all CM areas are fully staffed with passionate and trained people
- Meet with children’s ministry volunteer staff regularly; build a collaborative approach through listening, encouraging, challenging and vision casting.
- Conduct regular one on ones and team meetings for all CM volunteer staff; shepherd, coach, and develop people towards continuous growth. Generously giving recognition and praise; directly address areas of correction, critique or conflict.
- Create environments to help children come to know Jesus, grow in Him, and serve Him daily
- Oversee calendar of events
- Develop an annual ministry plan (MAP) and budget during the planning cycle for the next fiscal year
- Engage parents through relational connections, training on relevant topics, counseling and other opportunities; actively recruit other parents and volunteers for service in the ministry while equipping the entire staff team to lead relationally. And to
recruit and empower others.
- Participate in other ministry duties as determined by the Lead Pastor and Elders.
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Transition form “player” to coach by:
- Managing a team, motivating others with clear and reasonable expectations; measuring results.
- Take personal responsibility for your own growth and development through one on ones with your supervisor, consistent evaluation and feedback (360), developing relationships with other Children Ministry Pastors and Directors.
Culture & Climate:
- Position reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Staff culture is goal-oriented, collaborative, with accountability.
- Servant, incarnational leadership; priority of personal evangelism.