Dulles Community Church
Dulles Community Church is a church full of young families reaching people far from God in the fast-paced culture of Northern Virginia. DCC exists to reach beyond the walls of a traditional church; introducing Jesus to those who have given up on religion,
and pioneering ways to engage our culture in conversations of faith, hope, and justice. We are striving to re-imagine church to engage our culture and provide a place where unchurched people love to attend. We are well established in our community and well
known as a place where people who are curious about Jesus can come and check it out. Our church is full of recent and “not quite yet” followers of Jesus, because we truly are a place that invites people to belong before they believe. We are a theologically
generous community that values conversations over conclusions and the journey over the destination.
Our church is an excellent place to work. Our staff culture is collaborative, relational, and very fun.
Director of Children and Family Ministry
The children’s ministry director oversees and manages all aspects of a thriving ministry program for children birth to grade 5 and their families. He or she will recruit, train, empower, and schedule a large team of volunteers to execute a weekly ministry
program for our church’s children with excellence. He or she manages the implementation of an intentional course of biblical instruction and character formation for children. Our church welcomes around 150 children per week, spread from nursery, toddlers,
young elementary, and older elementary in separate age-appropriate environments. The children’s director manages the selection and implementation of the family ministry curriculum. The children’s director will also direct programs empowering parents to be
the primary source of faith and character formation. The director also works to ensure the safety of children and those serving in all environments and programs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for a creative, outgoing, high-energy individual that loves to innovate and connect with people.
- We are looking for someone with a passion for children’s and family ministry.
- We are looking for someone with a contagious love for Jesus and for God’s Kingdom.
- We are looking for someone excited about leading in a culturally relevant and innovative church.
- We are looking for someone with a passion to reach people far from God.
- We are looking for someone that understands the most effective way to minister to children is to minister to their families.
- We are looking for someone to make our ministry program the best hour in a child’s week.
- Degree or comparable experience relevant to the job: BA/BS in education, children’s or family ministry, pastoral care, or related church ministry preferred
- Experience as a director or leader of Children’s Ministry preferred
- Ability to manage a growing children’s ministry (150+ kids per week)
- Ability to train and coordinate a large team of ministry volunteers
- Must demonstrate strong organization and communication skills
- Needs to be capable of self-direction and demonstrate leadership
- Familiarity with the “orange” philosophy of children’s ministry a must!
- Must be willing to provide character references and submit to a criminal background check
- Salary is competitive with consideration to education, experience, and expertise.
- We offer our full-time employees paid vacation, health insurance coverage, and other benefits.
- The director will work a minimum of 40 hours per week, including ministry programs, office hours, meetings, and trainings. Occasionally, additional hours will be needed for big projects or initiatives.
- Other responsibilities outside of children’s ministry will be dependent on gifts and abilities as part of a ministry team (teaching for services or groups, project management, technical assistance, etc.)
Send your Resume/CV to email@example.com
along with the following items:
A brief written philosophy of Children’s and Family Ministry (one page or less)
A short video introducing yourself to us (simple is fine!)