Purpose: Children's Ministry Pastor is to oversee and manage the development of the next and upcoming generation of believers through effective ministry to children and parents.
Reports To: The Children's Ministry Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor and is responsible ultimately to the Eldership Team.
General Requirements: All staff pastors at CCC have the same core requirements.
- To equip believers for the work of the ministry (Eph. 4:11-12) through:
- Building teams in relational environments.
- Training leaders who will reproduce and multiply ministry.
- Teaching the church to engage with their spiritual gifts and talents.
- Releasing men and women into ministry with oversight.
- To care for and shepherd the flock of God (Acts 20:28; Ez. 34). The primary job responsibilities for this are as follows:
- Feeding the sheep by teaching the Word (Ez. 34:2).
- Regular encouragement and support (34:3).
- Seeking out those lost and wandering from the fold (34:4, 6).
- Being present in desperate seasons of life (hospital visits and funerals).
- To manage ministries well through faithful leadership and oversight (Acts 20:28: 1 Tim. 3:1) through:
- Faithful stewardship of finances, people, and time.
- Regular communication with team leaders and with the elders.
- To maintain a personal life that is morally blameless, doctrinally pure, self-controlled and even-tempered. He is to be a faithful partner in his marriage covenant, temperate, reputable, hospitable, and worthy of respect, (1 Tim. 3:2; 2
Tim 2:24). The primary job responsibilities for this are as follows:
- Growing in a relationship with Christ through spiritual disciplines (1 Cor. 9:27).
- Managing his household well by setting family priorities, establishing family values, and ensuring biblical discipline in the home (1 Tim. 3:4b).
- To effectively teach and train disciples through: (1 Tim. 3:2; 2 Tim. 2:2)
- Appropriate time in preparation for teaching God’s Word.
- Remaining teachable and humble.
- Seeking ongoing educational/instructional opportunities in ministry and the Word.
- To set a standard of service, modeling Jesus’ selflessness and humility (Phil. 2:1-11).
- To recruit train and deploy a steady stream of children’s workers, teachers, check-in and check-out personnel.
- To plan, organize and execute 3-4 Next Gen. emphasis Sundays in 2016.
- To prepare, organize and implement a Tuesday evening children’s Christian ed. track in conjunction with the other family discipleship ministries.
- To enlist, equip and release volunteers to run a quality Harvest Party for Kids in the fall.
- Identify and implement curriculum that will assist in the discipleship training of children ages nursery through 6th grade.
- Develop and implement programs designed to grow the children of CCC in Christ.
- To engage students regularly in opportunities for service both in the church and in the community.
- Provide pastoral care and training for volunteers in the Children’s ministry.
- Design a ministry plan and budget for the Children’s ministry at CCC.
- Work with the Student Ministries Pastor to effectively assimilate children into the Jr. High ministry.
- Work with the Student Ministries Pastor to provide opportunities for Jr. Highers and High Schoolers to serve the children’s ministry.
- Attend elders and staff meetings as directed by the Senior Pastor.