Calvary East Valley is a non-denominational Christian fellowship located in Gilbert, AZ, and is a part of the Calvary Chapel affiliation of churches. Calvary East Valley is prayerfully seeking a full-time, Assistant Pastor to help the Senior Pastor carry
out the administrative and ministerial aspects of the church, with a primary emphasis being on the development and leadership of a vibrant youth ministry at CEV. We believe the Lord desires to reach and disciple the many teens in the rapidly growing area of
Gilbert, AZ. The Student Ministries aspect of this position will include regular teaching in the youth ministry, implementing vision for reaching and discipling the youth in this area, planning retreats, shepherding students, overseeing and leading volunteers,
and much more. This specific position is ideal for a individual who is passionate about youth ministry but who would also like to grow in many additional aspects of ministry which may include: teaching in the main service from time to time, visitation, counseling,
performing weddings and funerals, and helping with ministry oversight and various projects. The job of the Assistant Pastor will be to help carry out the vision and the work of the Lord here at this small, but growing fellowship. A servant's heart, an adventurous
spirit, and a love for the Lord, His word and people are a must for this position.
About Calvary East Valley:
Having spent their first 6 years of ministry serving as Director of College Ministries at Yorba Linda Friends Church in Southern California, then, as an assistant pastor at Calvary Chapel East Anaheim for another 6 years, Craig Jones, and his wife Megan,
believed that God was placing it on their hearts to step out in faith and go to the place God would show them to plant a new Calvary Chapel. To this end, in 2010, Craig and Megan, along with their children moved from Southern California to Gilbert to fulfill
God’s calling in their life to plant a church.
Assistant Pastor | Student Ministries Pastor Job Description:
Full-time, Paid (Salary commensurate with experience)
- A mature, daily walk with Christ; growing conformity to the character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy chapter 3 and Titus chapter 1 for elders and deacons serving in the church.
- A heart to serve and care for people in the Name of Jesus through the unchanging gospel message.
- A commitment to stand with and support the vision and the leadership of Calvary East Valley, including our mission statement, doctrinal statement, philosophy of ministry and core values.
- A willingness to receive direction and input from the pastor in helping to carry out the vision for the church.
- Spiritual gifts in the areas of shepherding, leadership, administration, and teaching, coupled with a commitment to exercise those gifts among the body in a humble, Christ-like manner.
- Ministry experience in the areas of interest preferred.
- College Degree or Bible College Equivalent desired
If you are interested in this position, please email the following to Megan.Jones@calvaryeastvalley.org
- Current resume.
- Addendum outlining in detail your ministry experience, along with ministry roles and responsibilities at each ministry position you have held.
***We are also looking for a part-time Worship Leader. The primary role of the worship leader at Calvary East Valley is to provide leadership and spiritual shepherding over all aspects of the worship ministry. If you have gifts in this area as well,
please see our posting for this position.***