Are you passionate about serving the Lord through reaching and nurturing youth into a lifelong relationship with Jesus? This is a terrific opportunity to become an integral part of a church that believes deeply in its youth, has a strong and growing youth
ministry and is committed to providing a strong biblical worldview in an atmosphere of compassion and encouragement!
This church loves students, and desires for each of them to develop a deep, abiding relationship with Jesus Christ, as well as providing them with opportunities to form lifelong friendships with peers who are also seeking to follow the Lord. We will encourage
evangelism through missions at home and abroad, and will seek to inspire in them a servant’s heart. As part of a church with a 120 year history, our youth ministry is thriving, with over 70 students participating weekly in various activities. A high tech,
dedicated youth room with a kitchen, additional classrooms, and enclosed gymnasium are just a few of the outstanding facilities found at Verde Community Church. There are a large number of talented, dedicated adult volunteers, making it obvious that this church
loves and is invested in its youth!
Cottonwood is located in the Verde Valley, surrounded by some of the most wonderful terrain anywhere, and offering great access to outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking, kayaking, and camping!
Centrally located between the stately and beautiful red rocks of Sedona, the regal San Francisco Peaks of Flagstaff, historic Prescott, and the city of Phoenix, Cottonwood truly has the best of all worlds. The town and surrounding areas boast a population
of 22,000, and form a terrific community that combines rural and suburban living into a distinctive tapestry, perfect for raising a family and serving the Lord! If you are a high energy person, who is eager to teach youth about Christ, learn more about leading
students in a healthy youth ministry, and excited about the amazing plans God has for you and those you are called to lead, we would love to hear from you!
This position is part-time at around 30-35 hours per week, with hopes of moving into a full time position in the near future.
- Have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, demonstrating humility.
- Assist in Reaching out to 7th-12th graders, connecting with them and helping them to grow in their relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Assist with the development, and implementation of biblically-based, relevant, engaging, and age appropriate programming for Middle School and High School.
- Help create an interesting, exciting atmosphere that attracts students not only from the church, but also un-churched youth in the community.
- Assisting in teaching the students how to share their faith, and encourage them to develop a Biblical world view.
- Assist with development and implementation of all retreats, camps, mission projects, or other scheduled events.
- Encourage and develop activities that will increase student attendance in worship services.
- Help create a culturally relevant and engaging atmosphere that will attract students, with the goals of helping them grow into deeply committed followers of Christ and equipping them to discover and grow in their gifts to serve others.
- Be an entrepreneurial and visionary leader--a ministry expert who is gifted at vision-casting and strategic development for a comprehensive Student Ministry.
- Be highly relational and enjoy investing in people, equipping them to relationally invest in others.
- Have a passion for and ability to relate well with middle and high school students; able to communicate biblical truth in a way that is engaging and relevant to the issues they face.
- The Associate Director of Student Ministries reports directly to the Pastor of Student Ministries.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ
- Possess beliefs that are aligned with Verde’s Statements of Faith and Covenants of Fellowship
- Teachable, willing to lead and be led.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in student ministry.
- Degree from an accredited 4 year university or college preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Energetic and self-directed.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com.