CAMPUS ADMINISTRATIVE PASTOR
The Campus Administrative Pastor serves by supporting the Campus Pastor in the administration of the business functions of the campus and providing pastoral oversight to assigned ministry areas. The Campus Administrative Pastor works with the Campus Pastor
and other campus leaders in forming strategic plans to accomplish ministry goals and objectives. The Campus Administrative Pastor is responsible for the ongoing, effective operation, assessment, and improvement of all activities and services provided or administered
through the ministry of the campus. The Campus Administrative Pastor will be responsible for the management of campus facilities, budgets, human resources, communications, and information services and will oversee and/or work closely with the volunteers and
staff that serve in these areas.
- Assist the Campus Pastor in creating and sustaining a life-giving, Christ-centered, worshiping environment where people can begin a relationship with Jesus Christ and be taught how to follow Him in every area of life.
- Assist the Campus Pastor by pastoring and caring for assigned groups of people.
- Champion the mission, vision, and values and execute the strategies of Harvest.
- Oversee the Guest Experience and Connections Ministry.
- Oversee all Campus Programs as defined in Next Step areas.
- Coordinate with Harvest staff and volunteers to offer engaging spiritual opportunities for adults, children, and guests that match the DNA of Harvest.
- Attend and participate in Central Events.
- Attend and help lead monthly CORE meetings.
- Assist the Campus Pastor and Creative Pastor to ensure campus communications, publications, graphics, videos, brochures, etc., are current and applicable.
- Play a vital role in weekly planning, calendar meetings, and communicating events to all campus staff.
- Remain available for direct administrative support to the Campus Pastor and other campus ministries as requested.
- Oversee the administrative operations of the campus to maximize effectiveness and organization and implement any service in the facility.
- Oversee the administrative staff of the campus.
- Oversee the campus risk management program.
- Oversee all business and administrative duties involved with the management and operation of the campus.
- Responsible for all campus supplies and materials, delegating as appropriate to volunteers or other Harvest personnel.
- In coordination with the Executive Administrative Pastor, coordinate to maintain all church property in good and safe condition executing necessary property repairs in the most economical manner and within the limitation of the church budget.
- Responsible to supervise all hired contractors to assure the job is being done in a safe, non-disruptive, timely, and fiscally-prudent manner according to the contract.
- Keep abreast of all fire safety and insurance laws and regulations affecting church property.
- Ensure an accurate inventory of all church property (audio/video equipment, furniture, office equipment, fixtures, etc.).
- Coordinate all security precautions with alarms, video surveillance, keys, and pass codes.
- Act as liaison for all fiscal activities, working directly with the Executive Administrative Pastor.
- Assist in identifying budget line item overages and determining causes with the Campus Pastor and Executive Administrative Pastor.
- Ensure ministry financial procedures are clear and secure in coordination with the Executive Administrative Pastor.
- Serve as the campus agent for office supplies and equipment, assuring processes with the Executive Administrative Pastor.
- Provide final authority on any day-to-day purchases and financial decisions established by the ministry financial policies.
- Facilitate rentals, weddings, funerals.
- Born-Again relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a good attitude and work ethic and keep sensitive information confidential.
- Must have an attitude of genuine caring for the congregation, staff, and guests.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times and poise under pressure.
- Possess personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of responsibility.
- Maintain a servant’s heart regarding the job description.
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit with staff, volunteers, and congregation.
- Use discretion concerning information of church business and ministry.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and be of good health.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new tasks and functions.
- Demonstrate independent functioning.
- Personal dress and appearance appropriate to the business and ministry of the church.
- Exhibit a “whatever it takes” attitude.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferred minimum of an associate degree in finance, business, accounting or similar (bachelor’s preferred).
- Preferred minimum of five years in a related administrative or ministry leadership role.
- Studies with emphasis in theology, bible studies, or related ministry application are considered desirable.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Demonstrated experience in leading personnel and developing thriving teams.
- Demonstrated high level of organizational systems management.
- Growing understanding of the Bible.
- Ministry leadership experience, as an employee or volunteer.