Position: Children’s Pastor
Who Are We?
Bethel Church is an Assemblies of God church located in the south central part of Oklahoma. Duncan is a town of approximately 25,000 people with a class 5A high school, a middle school, and five elementary schools. Bethel runs from 275 – 350
in Sunday morning worship and provides a superb worship experience and the anointed preaching of the Word of God. Our church is multi-generational with a healthy mixture of all ages of adults, youth, and children. The presence of the Holy Spirit in every ministry
venue is valued and encouraged. People leave our church saying that they sensed the presence of God there and that this is the kind of church were one feels loved, accepted, and challenged to a deeper walk with God.
God has blessed us with state of the art facilities and our children’s building is equipped with excellent space and quality resources. We currently conduct Sunday School prior to the Sunday morning worship service. Our two children’s church
services run simultaneously during the morning worship service and average in the middle 40’s. Preschool kids attend our Tiny Town children’s church, and K-5th grade kids attend Kid City. On Wednesday nights we conduct our boys and girls clubs called
Rainbows, Impact Girls and Royal Rangers. A nursery is provided for all services with an excellent volunteer staff.
To provide spiritual leadership and training for children ages birth to 5th grade, and to equip parents to more effectively lead their kids in becoming committed followers of Jesus Christ.
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Supervises: Nursery Coordinator and all Children’s Ministry volunteer teams.
Ministers To: Children from age birth through 5th grade and their families.
Job Classification: full-time.
Education: Formal training in an accredited school is preferred, or certificate of completion of informal training from a respected ministerial training organization.
Experience: Ministerial experience in Children’s Ministry leadership within a church context is preferred, though not required.
Each pastor must express the outward fruit of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, such as the biblical disciplines of prayer, Bible study, ministry involvement, and tithing. They must be a person of honor and trust, who models obedience, grace
and spiritual maturity that others can follow.
Each pastor must give convincing evidence of a divine call of God upon his life to ministry. There is no substitute for the call of God. Ministry is not an occupation or a career choice. The call to ministry is a mandate from God to serve others as
a person chosen by God to fulfill a divine assignment.
Each pastor must have a loving concern for people. Jesus said unequivocally that the most important thing is to first love God and second, to love others. This is expressed through evangelizing the lost, following up with pastoral care, praying with
the sick, affirming the faithful, and leading the body of Christ in healthy worship experience.
Each pastor must possess a level of competence and an effective skill set that will enable one to accomplish the job requirements with excellence and expedience. In the event that a pastor is not credentialed, he is expected to be moving towards Pastoral
licensing and the educational requirements that are necessary for its completion. An ideal candidate possesses key traits such as: visionary, Spirit filled, communicative, persistent, empowering, and organizational. Proficiency is needed in computer and basic
Each pastor must stand in agreement with the lead pastor in three aspects: theology, church purpose and core values, and ministry philosophy. Chemistry is vital to a good working experience for all team members.
- Must provide convincing evidence of a genuine call of God to minister to the body of Christ with a preference for children’s ministry.
- Must give witness to a wholehearted commitment to Christ for at least five (5) years.
- Must be a team player as part of the pastoral staff and leadership team of Bethel Church.
- Must be faithful in attendance to services and functions, a regular supporter of the church with one’s tithe and offering, and a self-motivated leader.
- Must affirm the core values and mission of Bethel Church which include the doctrinal tenets of faith of the Assemblies of God
- Must pass both a background and credit check.
1. Demonstrate leadership and administrative skills to plan, organize, coordinate, train, recruit, develop, and implement a disciple-making strategy for children and their parents.
2. Participate as a team player with our pastoral staff to fulfill the vision and core values of Bethel Church, which include the three pillars of our mission statement.
1) The Great Commandment –
Matthew 22:36–40 (NIV84) — 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” 37 Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This
is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
2) The Great Commission –
Matthew 28:18–20 (NIV84) — 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name
of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
3) The Great Compassion –
Matthew 25:34–40 (NIV84) — 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For
I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came
to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and
clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for the spiritual formation of children from nursery age through 5th grade.
- Direct, organize, and oversee the weekly ministry sessions for the Children’s department.
- Keep adequate records of attendance and provide regular reporting of the progress of the Children’s Ministries Department to the Senior Pastor.
- Provide ongoing discipleship and training resources for Children’s Ministry teams.
- Recruit, train, direct, and supervise all Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Interview, recommend, and screen all Children’s Ministry volunteers following established procedures and requirements.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and security, including safety protocols and mandatory background checks for all Children’s Ministry workers.
- Coordinate childcare for special children’s events.
- Prepare an estimated annual Children’s Ministry budget for recommendation to the Senior Pastor by end of each December.
- Prepare and submit annual Kids Ministry calendar in December of each year.
- Serve as “minister of the day” along with other staff pastors on your assigned days of the month.
- Implement ministry outreach and evangelism to the community.
- Be active and visual in local elementary schools.
- Be cooperative to assist the Senior Pastor in various assigned duties that arise in the course of church life.
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume’ and contact information to:
Senior Pastor Ron Meador, firstname.lastname@example.org