First Baptist Church, Pampa, Texas is seeking a new Associate Pastor – Worship Ministries. First Pampa is a healthy church in this Texas Panhandle city of approximately 20,000. The church has a strong music/worship ministry. Worship attendance is 500+
and utilizes a balance of musical styles. The role of the Assoc. Pastor – Worship Ministries is to lead the comprehensive music/worship ministries of the church, while serving as an integral part of our pastoral leadership team.
Please submit resume and digital examples of worship services and other related information to
- Provide leadership for the comprehensive music/worship/media ministry.
- Plan and lead weekend worship services.
- Rehearse & grow music organizations (choir, praise teams, bands, orchestra, soloists, ensembles, etc.)
- Provide ministry to all church members as a member of our pastoral leadership team.
- Provide leadership to the development of student and children’s music ministries.
- Plan and coordinate Special Worship/Outreach/Community Events such as seasonal productions, Special Worship Nights, etc.
- Promote and encourage participation of all aspects of the church.
- Other duties as fitting the candidate’s gifts and as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. A clear calling and passion to lead God’s people in worship.
3. Agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message doctrinal statement.
4. A track-record of excellence as a worship leader.
7. Demonstrates the ability to lead worship for a large congregation, 40+ voice choir, praise team, praise band, and musicians in various musical styles.
8. A degree in music, worship, or a related field is preferred. Experience as a full-time worship leader is also preferred, but not required.
9. Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills.
10. A humble, engaging, and gracious personality.