One Sentence Job Description: Provide vision and implement strategy for the entire ministry for Teenagers (7th-12th grade) and Young Adults (College and Early Career)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and strategy
- Give oversight to Sunday School
- Lead the weekly Youth Group
- Lead the weekly Young Adult Group
- Attend youth extra-curricular activities as available
- Provide pastoral care to families with teens and young adults
- Attend summer camps
- Organize periodic mission trips
- Develop and maintain safe, clean and aesthetic environments
- Provide special activities and retreats throughout the year. One per month would be ideal.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget
- Maintain ministry’s section on the church website
- Maintain the social media sites
- Attend the weekly staff meeting
- Attend all church functions
- Attend the monthly board meeting when requested by the Senior Pastor
- It is expected that you will have a large staff of volunteers
- Recruit and provide training to volunteers
- Ensure all volunteers are properly trained in Naz Safe and certifications are kept up to date
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Teens are giving their lives to Jesus
- Attendance in all areas are growing
- Volunteer base grows
- Volunteer retention is present
- Positive feedback is received by parents routinely
- You fulfill all the items on this job description with excellence
- Required: 4-6 years relevant experience.
- Track Record: A proven record of growth, salvations and leadership development.
- Direct Report: Senior Pastor
- Reviews: There will be a 90 day review. Annual reviews are held every February.
- Office Hours: TBD
- Vacation: As outlined in the church handbook
- Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 (based on experience)
- It is expected that your family is involved in the ministry
- It is expected that you tithe regularly