Family Life Pastor
Chapel of the Hills, Sunland Ca.
Chapel of the Hills is a progressive team orientated church in the greater Los Angeles area (Sunland), where learners thrive. You will be challenged, stretched and have a lot of fun collaborating with others passionate about Christ and ministry.
The Family Life Pastor will minister to students and their families, and reach out to unchurched in the community.
Part-time: 25-30 hours per week (Not including Sunday morning and Wednesday evening)
Compensation: $1,600 a month
- Lead our Youth leadership team of student and adult leaders in ministering to church and unchurched students.
- The Family Life Pastor shall be responsible for oversight of the Children’s ministry, 1 mid-week meeting Youth (Wed.), college group, quarterly outings – Youth and College (alternating months), quarterly outreaches, Youth Convention and Summer camp.
- Help coordinate and participate in the Sunday morning service (i.e. worship, stage set-up, multi-media etc.).
- The Family Life Pastor will be expected to keep regular office hours: Three days a week – for a total of 21 hours. The rest of the time will consist of activity in the community, extra hours associated with services (example: There are believers clubs in
our local middle school and high school), and extra church services and activities etc.)
- Help the senior pastor as needed.
Staff Relationships and Accountability:
- He/She reports directly to Lead Pastor, but must also work closely with staff and lay leaders.
- He/She shall attend weekly staff meetings and other leadership meetings.
- He/She shall develop and meet regularly with the Youth, NextGen and Children Leadership teams.
- The Family Life Pastor shall have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, and shall have the ability to express that relationship to the students of COTH.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; in the absence of such a degree the applicant must have two years of education in ministry, and two years ministry experience.
- The Family Life Pastor shall be Theologically aligned with the Assemblies of God.
- The Family Life Pastor shall become a member of COTH and shall attend Wednesday and Sunday services on a regular basis, and other
all-church scheduled services (i.e. Good Friday).
- The Family Life Pastor shall have the ability to express ideas and plans clearly both in written and oral communications.
- He/She shall have the ability to plan and organize the activity of others.
- He/She shall have a love for youth and the ability to relate to the needs and life experiences of teenagers and young adults.
- It is highly desired that He/She possess a strong background in computers and multi-media.
- Junior/High School - Lead the Young People's Junior/High School Group.
- Develop programs and plan activities appropriate for this group.
- Be the primary leader of the mid-week service.
- Provide leadership to the other adults who on the ministry team.
- Take the youth to A/G Youth Convention and Summer Camp.
- Participate in sectional A/G Youth Rallies (happens about 2x a year).
- Worship Services - The Family Life Pastor is encouraged to participate in worship services according to their talents and gifts.
- Personal Relationships - develop one-to-one pastoral contact relationships with high school students, the Family Life Pastor will:
- Encourage the Young People in their personal growth and relationship to Jesus Christ.
- Personally challenge the Young People to make a public declaration of their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Visit students on campus during school hours and when possible, make appearances at sporting events, school plays and other extracurricular activities the students are involved in.
- Post - High - the Family Life Pastor will
- Maintain contact, when possible with college students and other young adults who are out of town on a temporary basis.
- Be a prayer partner for the Young Adults of COTH who are attending College.
- Attend and provide oversight for the College and Career Group – Weekly small group, quarterly outings and yearly overnight retreat.
- Leadership - the Family Life Pastor will train and develop other adults who can serve as leaders.
- Families -
- The Family Life Pastor will effectively communicate with the parents of the youth and children concerning the ministry programs, goals and schedules.
- The Family Life Pastor will be available for family counseling should the families require it.
- Christian Education - The Family Life Pastor shall work with the Children’s Director to:
- Help locate and recruit Children’s church teachers.
- Provide needed teacher training or workshops.
- Teach one Sunday a month in children’s church.
Specific Weekly Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Meet bi-weekly individually with the Lead Pastor for planning and enrichment.
- Responsible for the Wed. night service.
- Leading the youth teaching segment, not responsible for adult teaching segment.
- Coordinate with worship pastor concerning music.
- Set-up and clean-up – closing securing facility
- Encouraged to delegate as much as possible, but ultimately responsible.
- Sunday morning arrive 90 minutes early to help with the service set-up.
- We are committed to your personal and professional growth. The Family Life Pastor will be encouraged to pursue on-going training that will help them fulfill their calling. If not credentialed with the Assemblies of God then they will take the necessary
Berean classes on line, or at the Network Office to meet requirements. There is a budget for training.
- The Lead Pastor shall work to mentor the Family Life Pastor and provide training in a broad range of ministry areas including, but not limited to:
church finances, preaching, teaching, leadership skills, project management, counseling, multi-media, vision development and implementation.
- The Family Life Pastor will attended our Network Council, Pastor’s Retreat and one Youth Conference per year (i.e. – National Youth Workers).
Contact: Lead Pastor Pete Scott e-mail:email@example.com cell: 818-261-7587