Are you the kind of guy who loves figuring out how to make a BIG vision reality?
Does reaching people far from God and leading them toward becoming a sold-out, fully devoted follower of Jesus get you excited?
Are you also passionate about worship, about making Jesus famous, and doing whatever it takes for the team to reach people and
make heaven crowded?
If so, you may be the guy we are looking for.
Life Church Michigan strives to do whatever it takes to reach more people far from God throughout the Great Lakes Bay Region. No Reserves, No Retreats, No Regrets.
If you get excited about seeing lost people become found people, enjoy very modern (and loud) worship music, are cool with giant indoor inflatables for the kids, and can roll with bold messages taught with intentional laughter, then we may be the right fit
We’re looking for a strong pastoral candidate who is flexible enough to step into a new, fast-moving church that is aggressive about the Great Commission.
We are looking for someone who can quickly understand the heart, vision, goals and desires of our Lead Pastor.
This pastoral role requires:
- championing ministry to middle school and high school students
- worship leading at our new Midland Campus
- speaking 8 Sundays per year
- Whatever-It-Takes attitude
As part of the staff team, this person will serve in a highly-visible role on Sundays, rotating between our Saginaw and Midland Campuses.
– Completely on-board with our Core Beliefs (they can be found online at LifeChurchMichigan.com) and a complimentarian in theology
– DC > Marvel (we are willing to arm-wrestle over this)
– Passionate about making Jesus famous with a whatever-it-takes, pragmatic 1 Corinthians 9 approach to ministry
– Confident in their beliefs without being full of themselves/entitlement
– No time for gossip or church-insider politics
– A good listener, maintaining a posture of humility/teachability, and solution-oriented
– Star Wars > everything else
– Someone who embraces change and is not phased by much
– Experience with Fellowship One and Planning Center Online
– Fan of the movie Tommy Boy (preferred, but not required)
– Ready to hit the ground running on or before September 1st with a portfolio including:
- helping us launch an intentional + bold mid-week Student Ministry
- rotating worship leading on Sundays between our two campuses (think Hillsong United)
- pouring into volunteer leaders
- delivering 8 Sunday Mainstage messages per year
- Volunteer Scheduling
- occasional Weddings and Funerals.
This person will report to our lead pastor and serve on our Directional Leadership Team.
This isn’t about “getting a job.” Life Church Michigan is a
labor of love. This is about doing life together and joining in with what God is doing in the Great Lakes Bay Region of Michigan.
Life Church Michigan is one of the fastest-growing churches in Michigan. It launched in 2013 with zero people and the first weekend of April 2017 saw nearly 1,000 people.
We are serious about our faith but not serious about ourselves. We believe that faith is a journey, not a guilt trip.
While intentionally multigenerational and multicultural, our key target demo is a twenty-something irreligious male who enjoys Twenty-One Pilots in concert and stand-up comedy specials on Netflix.
Someone gave us a free building, so in March of 2017, we launched a second satellite campus in Midland 35 minutes away from our first campus in Kochville Township (Saginaw).
Joining our pastoral staff means this person should either have experience in multi-site or show that they are an extremely self-motivated reader and learner in leveraging multi-site tools and systems. Central Operations and Student Ministries will remain
at the Saginaw Campus for the first year.
More information can be found at LifeChurchMichigan.com, facebook.com/LifeChurchMichigan,
You can learn more about our founding/lead pastor at JonathanHerron.com, and on twitter/instagram/facebook @FollowJon.
EMAIL YOUR RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- a video example of teaching/preaching in front of a live audience
- vocals & guitar in front of a live audience
- a list of 5 theology books and 5 leadership books that you love
- the Top 5 podcasts you listen to
- and your personality profiles from DiSC and Myers-Briggs.
Please do not call or send snail mail the church. This will show us you can’t follow directions and we will laugh at you.