FAMILY PASTOR (Oversee ministries directed at birth to 5th grade/ teach children / strengthen families)
GENERAL: Our church family wants all to experience the best life possible in Christ. We are looking for someone to champion the needs of families and their children encouraging them to love,
serve, and do right. They have the opportunity to oversee dynamic children’s ministries, teach our children and minister to families. Establish and guide children and their families in building small groups and promoting conferences and classes that impact
parenting, marriage, and finances.
- Oversee all areas of children’s ministry including AWANA, Junior Church and Nursery
- Create events for children and families to connect with the church family and the community outside of the regular ministries.
- Guide curriculum choices, schedule volunteers, maintain orderliness of rooms, as well as order materials and supplies
- Train and empower a base of volunteers to serve our families and children
- Oversee VBS
- Strengthen families to help them become great followers of Christ
- Watch over the annual budget for the children’s ministries
- Godly, loyal, team oriented, hard-working, humble, able to teach, able to lead, relatable.
- Education and/or experience with teaching children
- Strong biblical literacy
- Track record that demonstrates skills in leadership and administration
- Passion for children and families
- Ability to build teams and delegate to others
- Willingness to be mentored and coached to improve as a pastor, preacher/teacher and leader
- Ability to inspire others to engage in serving while building a team that leads and executes a vibrant children’s ministry