Campus Pastor for The Well
The Campus Pastor serves as the primary communicator and spiritual leader at The Well Campus of Fountain City Wesleyan Church. The Campus Pastor is responsible to champion the mission of FCWC to help disciples Gather, Grow, and Go. This position reports
to the Executive Pastor. For more information about the church, check out www.thewellrichmond.com and www.fcwesleyan.org.
Experience and Education:
- College degree or graduate degree in a ministry-related area.
- Ordained minister or on track for ordination
- Prefer at least 3 or more years of experience in ministry. Experience as a lead pastor, campus pastor or church planter is preferred.
- Must be able to relate well with staff and volunteers.
- Must be able to manage the ministry area by utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project and time management, and collaboration skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think strategically and be self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Must agree with Wesleyan theology and be able to articulate it.
- Must be able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to use and develop fine motor skills. The employee must be able to walk up and down stairs. The employee must be able
to lift up to 50 pounds in order to assist with set up and tear down of the stage. Specific vision abilities required by this job include both close and distance vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- All preparation and execution of the weekly campus worship experience including all service elements
- Preach previous weeks’ message from the main campus live at The Well approximately 30 times per year
- Preach 6-8 times per year at the main campus.
- Continually implement the Gather, Grow, Go strategy to move people from spiritual infancy to spiritual maturity.
- Provide leadership to all aspects of church ministry by Identifying, recruiting and overseeing key leaders.
- Oversee any paid staff (currently there is a part-time worship leader).
- Oversee the follow-up of new attendees and missing attendees.
- Provide pastoral care for the campus and be on-call for hospital visitation for FCWC one weekend a month.
- Maintain a regular rhythm of recognizing and encouraging volunteers.
- Attend weekly staff meetings at the main campus.
- Weekly office hours at the main campus.
- Meet monthly with the Executive Pastor and as requested with the Senior Pastor
- Officiate at campus baptisms, weddings, funerals, and child dedications.
- Oversee the campus budget.
- Others duties as assigned.