PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2no1moT
About the Organization:
In 1973, a group of eight people started a small church called Desert Evangelical Church with their purpose being “to establish and maintain an evangelical Christian Church and to provide a place of public worship.” Several decades and a few church names
later, that same pursuit ignites the people of Southwest Church. Today, Southwest offers dozens of ministries, with thousands of community residents in attendance each week, in the relentless pursuit of the vision that ‘every resident of the Valley will be
Southwest Church is ripe with potential. Everything is in place for spectacular growth and impact in the community. One of the leaders at Southwest, in telling the story of moving his family to the area a few years ago, said, “it felt kind of like buying
a penny stock for Apple back in the day. There is that much pent-up potential in this church.”
With 10,000 high school students within ten miles of the church, the potential with the right leader is absolutely off the charts. Southwest Church is looking for a high capacity leader who wants to invest a minimum of four or five years into making high
school a flagship ministry of the church.
- Weekly Attendance: 3,250 (in 2016)
- Location: Indian Wells, CA
- Denomination & Affiliations: EFCA
About the Position/Qualifications:
The High School Student Pastor of Southwest Church will create and oversee a thriving High School Student Ministry. The successful candidate for the position will possess the core requirements of:
- An undergraduate degree.
- Bible training, either through undergrad or seminary.
- 5+ years of work with students.
What We Are Searching For:
- Someone whose heart is broken for lost students and yet sees the local church as the pathway to their spiritual development.
- Someone who can create new relationships, inspire those people to catch the vision, and has the experience to nurture those relationships.
- Someone with the ability to communicate in a professional manner to external organizations and parents while being able to connect with students in social settings or in teaching environments.
- Someone who can see and add value to the big picture, yet will also work within a team structure and support church wide leadership.
- Someone who is willing to do whatever it takes with a positive attitude.
- Someone who has a proven ability to lead paid and unpaid people while creating and executing plans within an organization the size of Southwest or larger.
- Someone who can take a program of 100--125 High School students a weekend and double that amount in a reasonable amount of time. (The space they meet in can hold 500!)
About the Location:
Southwest is located in the heart of the Coachella Valley, California, which is populated by nearly 600,000 people with another 2.5 million in annual tourists. It is a fast-growing region of Southern California that comprises nine cities. Sitting on 45 acres
of one of the ten busiest intersections of the Valley, Southwest Church is easy to access and uniquely positioned. Although located at the edge of Indian Wells, most of the church community lives in the adjacent towns of Palm Desert, Indio, and La Quinta.
Palm Desert is the geographic center of Coachella Valley. The city has evolved into a vibrant community that today is the educational, retail, and cultural hub of the Valley. The oldest and largest city in Coachella Valley is Indio. Hosting
a variety of festivals known around the globe, the city is fondly known as the “City of Festivals” in the region. Equipped with quality schools, a strong economy, and a high/affordable real estate value, Indio was recently ranked in the top 20 Best Cities
for Young Families in California by Nerdwallet.com. Known as the ‘Gem of the Desert’ among the cities of Coachella Valley, the city of La Quinta is a premier location for active living; with patio dining, boutique shops, resort escapes, world-class
golf, top national retailers and the charm of the La Quinta Village.
Many professionals know the Palm Springs region as the Golf Capital of the world, with 300 days of sunshine and over 130 golf courses from which to choose. Coming in a close second is tennis, and Southwest Church’s immediate neighbor, Indian Wells, hosts
the BNP Paribas Open, one of the most significant tennis events in the world. The area is also known for the amazing outdoor options, including biking, hiking, horseback riding, and swimming in the nearby desert and mountain areas. Through these diverse municipalities
and activities, Coachella Valley offers both a vibe and a lifestyle ideal for its residents.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2no1moT