Tabernacle EPC – Part-Time Worship Director – Austintown, Ohio
Tabernacle Church has a vision of being a House of Hope to her people and to her community, filled with devotion to God and compassion for others, and a unity in Jesus Christ. We are searching for someone to come on staff part time to lead us creatively
in excellence toward the worship of our God. We are a multi generational church of 300+ faithful saints who love to serve God and have a hunger to worship Him in Spirit and truth.
Worship Director – Job Description
Purpose – The position of Worship Director is to collaborate with the Sr. Pastor in developing our Sunday services with creativity
and excellence for the glory of God. The Worship Director must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God and a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
Responsible to: Session of TEPC
Relates to: Senior Pastor, Praise Team, Tech Crew, Staff
- Planning and executing the corporate worship services (2) in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Ensuring that all the musical and technical aspects of the worship services advance the Biblical theme for the day.
- Weekly rehearsals with members of praise team and tech to prepare for Sunday services/and special services.
- Executing the plan for Worship on a weekly basis.
- Recruit/ Audition/Select Praise team Leaders and Tech Crew
- Give spiritual oversight to Praise Team Members and Tech Crew
- Provide ongoing training and professional support for Praise Team Members and Tech Crew
- A mature walk with the Lord Jesus Christ and a love for the worship of God
- Preferred training in Music and/or Worship Leadership
- Preferred experience in leading congregational worship
- Strong leadership and visionary skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with people of the congregation as a whole.
- Part time position anticipating 20 hours a week
- Negotiable Salary