- Professing, growing, committed Christian pursuing Biblical church leadership standards in personal and family life. I Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2:1-13; Titus 1:5-9;
- Evangelical orientation in theology and evangelical spirit in full agreement with the doctrinal position of Cornerstone Church.
- Belief and commitment to contributing to an environment of cooperative teamwork with other members of the worship team and other church ministry teams and leaders.
- Spiritual maturity and commitment to the values and mission of Cornerstone Church.
- Commitment to CCLB Membership, weekly service attendance, serving and small-group community life.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Has a personal calling for worship ministry in the local church.
- Bachelor or other Christian education degree in worship, music or related field.
- Experience in leading worship in a church of 500-700 or more.
- Prepare worship and tech teams to provide and maintain consistent, high standards of excellence for multiple weekend worship services.
- Works with Lead Pastor for direction and vision.
- Ability to lead various styles of music, from traditional hymns to contemporary.
- Develops and directs special Christmas and Easter services.
- Accountability for budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory management.
- Proficient guitarist/vocalist; leads worship as a guitarist.
- Familiar with or willing to learn Pro-Presenter and Planning Center On-Line as standard worship ministry management and communication tools.
- Ability to read and write musical notation preferred but not required.
- Experienced at leading, building and maintaining a high level of relationship, teamwork, and spiritual focus with the various teams represented in the worship ministry.
- A passion for worshipping Jesus.
- Love for and commitment to the local church.
- Detailed, organized, capable communicator.
- A team player.
- Embraces change but also understands the value of tradition and stability for the congregation.
- Intentional in relationship building and keeping teams informed, motivated and inspired.
- Hours: Full Time (salaried)
- Responsible and Accountable to the Lead Pastor.
- A working relationship with the Music Director and worship team members.