The role of the Children’s Pastor (CP) is to oversee the children’s ministry strategy of Helena First, under the direction and leadership of the Executive Pastor, in the fulfillment of the Lead Pastor’s vision. This will require recruiting, equipping and
encouraging teams of volunteers and staff to do the work of the ministry in alignment with Helena First’s mission, purposes and values across all campuses. The CP will partner with families to lead kids to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual
growth by meeting kids where they are and leading them to next steps. This will include extensive development of small groups for children as well as groups in the Family hub of Small Groups ministry. The role is full time, exempt. Compensation: DOE
Experience and Knowledge Required:
At least five years of a consistent walk with Jesus, and exhibiting a godly witness.
Able to connect
- With God in worship
- Pointing people to Jesus and His Word
- Engaging in spiritual habits that make room for God
- Building healthy relationships with family and others
- Cheering/motivating others on to a fulfilled life
- Helping everyone feel loved, welcomed and esteemed
- Confidently and effectively communicating with others
Able to grow
- In the knowledge and image of Jesus
- Focusing on your family and making it strong
- Being teachable, flexible and open to change
- Regularly attending a Helena First Small Group (can be the Kids Leadership Team)
- Taking initiative to increase in knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Caring for, discipling, and training others to reach their full potential
Able to serve
- Putting God’s love on display by being a servant leader
- Intentionally keeping ministry simple
- Recruiting, organizing and managing teams
- Delegating well - making opportunities for others to step up
- Being a team player
- Discovering your God given design and engaging in ministry
- Continually developing and expanding your circle of influence
Able to reach
- Those who are far from God with the Good News of Jesus
- Being more concerned with reaching people than keeping people
- Active in personal, relational evangelism
- Raising up and sending out missionaries
Leading others to do the same with grace.
Strong leadership skills
Fun/enjoyable to be with
Able to keep a confidence
Assumes the best in others
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor.
- Oversee the quality of services and function at all Helena First campuses.
- Fulfill pastoral duties including counseling, baptism, communion, hospital visitation, funerals, and general pastoral care for children as well as assisting in the same for adults as needed.
- Coordinating production of videos, weekly scripts and lessons, printed promotions, verbal announcements, web page information, marketing, etc. about kid’s ministry.
- Cooperatively team with the other ministries of Helena First.
2. Leadership of Staff and Volunteer Teams
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the children:
- Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
- Communicating clear vision and wins for leaders on a regular basis.
- Recruiting, interviewing, developing, empowering, supervising, reviewing, redirecting (as necessary) Dream Team and paid Staff.
- Consistently communicating with leaders and parents.
- Overseeing systems for background checks, safety and security procedures.
- Ensuring that leaders provide remarkable customer service on a consistent basis.
- Developing community among parents and equipping them for child discipleship.
- Leading departmental meetings and empowering staff to fulfill their unique roles.
- Overseeing scheduling, timesheets, and Human Resource needs.
3. Oversight and Execution of Children’s Services and Activities
Responsible for creating programs that provide fun, safe, and life-changing environments:
- Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
- Developing or selecting curriculum for children that reflects the teaching of Helena First.
- Overseeing and participating in special event planning and execution (i.e. Summer Camps).
- Ensuring that check-in areas, ministry spaces and signage are clear, current and focused on new kids and their families.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment for kids and team members.
- Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new kids and their families are plugged in to Helena First and its campuses.
- Managing the Children’s Ministry budget; forecasts, income/expenses, reporting.
- Formulating children’s ministry facility standards for existing and new campuses.
- Track and report growth with an eye for future development.
4. Oversight and Execution of Small Groups
Constructs practical on-ramps and systems to help kids take the next step in the discipleship process through participation in a kids Small Group. Also responsible for developing the Family Hub of adult Small Groups ministry: Developing small group leaders
of all ages.
- Overseeing information and tracking of small group participants and leaders.
- Actively encouraging small group leaders to connect with families and kids during the week.
- Providing opportunities for kids to discover their unique purpose and begin developing their talents and abilities.
- Offering small group leaders curriculum, coaching materials and creative approaches to small group ministry.
- Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help kids take their next steps toward Christ.
- Executing kid’s outreach efforts.
This ministry/job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees of Helena First may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of our church.
God is doing great things at Helena First!