Assistant Worship Arts Director
Hope Church - Richmond, VA
Hope Church is a growing multisite faith community of 2,500 (average attendance) in the vibrant city of Richmond, Virginia. We are seeking a full-time Assistant Worship Arts Director who will curate and lead weekly worship services and special worship events.
You will report to the Worship Arts Director and work closely with a highly collaborative team of six full-time Worship Arts staff members. Your focus when you’re not designing and leading worship experiences will be developing our 100+ volunteers who play/sing
in worship bands and fostering deeper relationships within our Worship Arts community.
The compensation for this position is in line with the latest benchmarking data for churches our size, and includes a competitive benefits package.
- 5+ years experience as a worship leader
- Solid foundation of Biblical/Theological knowledge
- Exceptional talent as a vocalist and musician
- Ability to accompany yourself on guitar and/or keys with excellence
- Comfortable inside modern worship forms, songs and technologies
- Proven ability to effectively lead/develop volunteer bands and musicians
- You use words well in worship: welcome, encouragement, readings, and prayers
- Excellent songwriter with experience arranging and recording original music
- Well-read in: leadership, spiritual formation, creative process and arts in the church
- Experience with: Planning Center, Loop Community and Pro Presenter
- Basic understanding of live production: audio, video, lighting and set design
Profile of Ideal Candidate
- You are a devoted follower of Christ. Spiritual practices have become a habit for you.
- You are a team player who loves a collaborative work environment
- You can articulate a narrative of call to ministry in the local church
- You possess a high “confusion tolerance” in the creative process
- You’ve learned how to get/stay inspired and you take responsibility for doing so
- You are a self-defined individual with a non-anxious presence
- You have friends outside of church, and you don’t act/talk particularly “churchy”
- You are self-aware and know your Myers-Briggs, DISC and Strengthsfinder profiles
- You like to have a good time and prioritize rich participation in community
If you want to get a feel for our Hope Worship Arts community, check out