Chevy Chase United Methodist Church
Director of Music and Worship Arts
Chevy Chase United Methodist Church (Chevy Chase, MD) seeks a Director of Music and Worship Arts to lead our worship ministries.
Chevy Chase United Methodist Church is a growing and vibrant congregation in the Washington, DC area. We are an intergenerational congregation that values mission and service, creativity and the arts, spirited worship and extending hospitality to all people.
On Sunday mornings we offer contemporary and traditional worship services with a total average attendance of 160. Connecting with Christ and community is reflected in all our ministries and programs.
The Director of Music and Worship Arts leads the music ministry at Chevy Chase UMC and supports the vision of Chevy Chase UMC through contributions to the worship experience at CCUMC, including leadership in the presentation of creative worship art experiences
The position is 30 hours a week with compensation that is commensurate with experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement, in consultation with the Pastor, music and worship ministries
- Provide leadership and direction for the Sanctuary Choir, Praise Band, and “Joy Singers” Contemporary Choir
- Provide leadership and support lay leaders with music ministries with children and youth
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise, and support music and worship arts ministry participants
- Effectively communicate with the Pastor, staff, ministry participants, and congregation on a regular basis
- Develop relationships with church members and ministry participants
- Develop new opportunities for music and worship arts
- Coordinate the “Soundings Series” occasional concerts that connect the community with the congregation through music
- Oversee music ministry funds and budget
The ideal candidate will:
- Serve as a Christian role model and express passion for Christ centered worship
- Express a deep love of worship in all styles and lead worship experiences that transcend traditional, contemporary and blended styles
- Encourage ministry participants to offer their gifts in worship
- Identify and develop gifts in others
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with others
- Bachelors degree in music (Masters preferred)
- Minimum 2 years experience in church related setting
- Knowledge of and ability to use social media
- Pass a background check
- Complete annual Chevy Chase UMC “Safe Sanctuaries” questionnaire
We encourage you to learn more about us at chevychaseumc.org
If you feel called to this ministry please send a cover letter, with resume and references, to Rev. Kirkland Reynolds at email@example.com