Austin Ridge Bible Church is one church with three campuses located in the greater Austin, TX, areas of Bee Cave, Southwest, and Dripping Springs.
JOB TITLE: Girls Student Ministry Intern
JOB STATUS: Full-time/One Year Internship Leaders Program
REPORTS TO: Student Ministry Pastor at Austin Ridge Southwest
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
OVERVIEW OF POSITON
The Girls Student Ministry Intern is an integral part of the Student Ministry Team at Austin Ridge SW, responsible for leading and discipling MS and HS girls and helping to advance the ministry vision of encourage students to KNOW Jesus, GROW in their faith,
and SERVE others. This is a full time, year-long internship. We are looking for someone who feels called to Student Ministry and is looking for a great bridge into the local church. We want to invest in YOU!
PURPOSE OF ARBC’S LEADER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
To further develop Christ-centered leaders and servants of the Kingdom committed to following God’s calling, wherever it may lead. The Worship Ministry strives to develop musically gifted leaders to think and lead pastorally, function creatively and administratively,
and possessing a love for the Church beyond their specific role.
- Mature, growing disciple with a consistent devotional life
- Must be exited about hanging out with students and their families
- Ability to plan an coordinate fun and exciting events and programs
- Familiar with current trends related to students, parents, and families
- Must be able to teach, train, and disciple student volunteers
- Must be flexible to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule
- Commitment to support all areas of the student ministry and of ARBC
- Commitment to and agreement with the statement of faith of ARBC
- It is expected that this person is now or will become an active member of ARBC
- Meets the spiritual qualifications found in I Timothy, Titus, and I Peter
Small Group Coordinator
Oversee our Small Groups. This includes everything that comes with directing this important area of our GROW process including, but not limited, to:
- Help create a fun culture amongst our Groups by scheduling hangouts and spending time with them.
- Keeping attendance records
- Communicating with leaders for trainings and updates
- Connecting leaders with parents through scheduled events
- Supporting Small Group leaders and dealing with issues that may arise
- Have some experience in teaching/preaching but also desire to be developed and trained
- Often hosting for events and programs
- Fill in for teaching opportunities often (at least once a month)
- Other opportunities as they arise
New Student Follow-Up
- Reach out to new students and making sure they get connected
- Work with small group leaders for follow up and invitation
- Build good rapport between the ministry and parents through communication
Assist in planning and executing major events/camps/etc.
- Gain experience by taking lead on major events with proper support from staff
- Help plan and execute all areas of the events
- Help with evaluation of past events and make suggestions for new events
Creative and Other Stuff
- Help create environments for our students to KNOW, GROW, SERVE.
- Maintain social media accounts for promoting events and connecting with students.
- Counseling/Shepherding of students
- Hanging out and encouraging community amongst parents, leaders, and students
- Attend Student Ministry meetings and ARBC meetings
- Be ready to dive into every and any element of student ministry with us.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING/MENTORING (Leader Development Program)
Along with daily mentoring with your supervisor, the intern will participate in leadership training with two Austin Ridge Intern Directors. In addition, the intern will be connected with a non-staff Austin Ridge member and meet bi-monthly.
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Approximately one year, to be formally evaluated every four months to ensure fit and help Intern progress within the Leader Development Program.