Purpose of Position
To ensure the safe, effective and efficient use of the ALONGSIDE’s facilities and grounds for guests of ALONGSIDE. This includes managing and leading the volunteers, and working with them to foster teamwork while setting a standard of excellence in caring
for the grounds and facilities.
The position of FACILITIES DIRECTOR will work closely with the Executive Director, and Director of Counseling to ensure the highest quality experience for the guests of ALONGSIDE.
Reports to the Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible recruiting, training and managing volunteers for maintenance, grounds and housekeeping.
- Schedule volunteers to make sure there is manpower available when needed.
- Prioritize and complete work assignments/repair requests in a timely manner and communicate with staff as to the status of their submitted request.
- Ensure the grounds, facilities, vehicles, tools and equipment are clean and well-kept on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop a system of preventative maintenance for the facilities, equipment and roads. This includes walking the grounds and observing program and facility infrastructure on a periodic basis to ensure proper repair, replacement and/or upgrade of buildings
- Use carpentry, mechanical and other skills to improve our facilities and grounds.
- Responsible for all landscaping and sprinkler systems. Schedule volunteers for mowing, leaf raking and blowing on a seasonal basis.
- Snow removal – organize a schedule for snow removal in order that the private roads are cleared prior to 8:00 am daily and all of the needed walkways and parking lot are cleared and salted as needed by 8:00 am.
- Maintain all maintenance and storage areas in orderly manner.
- Ensure facilities are adequately secured, protected and maintained for theft, abuse and freezing.
- Order supplies for repairs and projects as needed.
- Schedule contractors for new construction, remodeling and demolition projects when projects are not completed in-house.
- Maintain budgets for the areas mentioned.
- Work in cooperation with other staff members with a willingness to assist in other departments should the need arise.
- Meet appropriate governmental codes and requirements along with obtaining appropriate permits when needed.
- Schedule teams of volunteers to clean facilities on a regular basis.
- Attend staff meetings, leadership team meetings and other staff functions.
- Responsible for other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Personal Attributes Required
- A deep and abiding passion for Jesus Christ, His Word, His Church, and His servants
- A warm, engaging, accessible individual who enjoys interaction with others
- A desire to provide care to missionaries, pastors, and their families
- A passion for professionalism and excellence
- Willingness to abide by the policies of the ALONGSIDE Staff Handbook
Education/Professional Experience Qualifications
- At least 21 years of age with building and/or maintenance experience.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage people of all ages along with the ability to manage building projects for their timely completion. This includes working with or as a general contractor.
- Strong administrative ability and organizational skills.
- Have working knowledge and experience in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, water wells, vehicle and small engine repair, and blueprint reading.
- Be a self starter but also be flexible in realizing scheduled daily maintenance activities may be interrupted due to the needs of our guests.
- Authority to accomplish this job is given by the Executive Director to whom the Facilities Director is responsible.
- Authority is given to purchase equipment and materials necessary to accomplish this job. Purchases over $300 will be made after consultation with the Executive Director whether or not they are budgeted items.
- Authority is given to suspend activity to ensure the safety of guests and staff. Whenever possible this should be done in consultation with the appropriate director.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, sit, and bend. Employee must be willing and able to travel by ground or air transportation in changing weather conditions in order to carry out
responsibilities of the position; employee must maintain a valid U.S. driver’s license in order to operate a motor vehicle.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, personal attributes, and qualifications for the performance of this position. Other functions may be assigned, and the Executive Director or Clinical Director retains the right to add
or change the duties as required.