Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Status: Part-time, approx. 15-20 hours per week, competitive wage.
Purpose: To provide financial services to ALONGSIDE.
ALONGSIDE Mission Statement:
Alongside is a professional counseling ministry dedicated to helping Christian pastors, missionaries, and their families grow in personal wholeness, healthy relationships, and ministry effectiveness.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Posts weekly contributions to general fund, property fund, scholarship fund and other donor/ALONGSIDE designated funds.
- Keeps confidential all financial contribution information.
- Enters all invoices submitted for payment, issues checks and prepares for mailing.
- Balances checking and savings accounts.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for the Executive Director and Treasurer.
- Processes payroll on monthly basis.
- Prepares invoices monthly for Renewal and Growth retreats.
- Create and manage client financial information.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly payroll tax forms, makes necessary deposits and prepares W-2s at year-end.
- Assists in yearly budget preparation for review and approval by the Board of Directors.
- Ensures relevant financial data is backed up on the computer system.
- Prepares for, and cooperates with, those appointed to perform a yearly audit of financial records.
- Prepares year-end financial reports for Board.
- Performs other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of an associate’s degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution.
- Practical experience in fund-based accounting and account reconciliation. Experience in QuickBooks Accounting software a plus.
- A demonstrated Christian faith commitment, including being active in worship, fellowship, and service in Christ’s Church.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including MS Word processing and creating and maintaining MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support the ministry.
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records.
- Dependable attendance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a step stool as necessary.
Evaluation and Compensation:
The Bookkeeper works directly under the Executive Director, and under the general supervision of the Treasurer, and receives an annual performance evaluation.
Compensation is reviewed annually.
Inquires and resumes can be sent to:
Attention: John De Kruyter
PO Box 587
Richland, MI 49083
269-447-2100 ex 207