The Elementary Associate oversees all of our early childhood ministries for elementary-aged children, along with working on a team to coordinate other ministry events throughout the year. We have just opened a brand new children’s
wing so this is an incredible opportunity for a ministry-minded creative leader to build a life-changing ministry in a large dynamic church.
- Elementary Weekend Small Group Programming: Includes Room Hosts, Small Group Leaders, and Small Group helpers.
- Elementary Weekend large group programming: Including Hosts, Story Tellers and Worship Team.
- Build, equip, and retain a year-round volunteer team for Elementary Weekend Programming.
- Recruit, inspire, train and schedule volunteers.
- Ensure that all volunteers and staff have met appropriate requirements to serve.
- Consistently invest in, and minister to, volunteers through prayer and team-building events.
- Implement and edit programming to meet the vision of the ministry.
- Ensure proper enforcement of policies and procedures for weekend programming.
- Maintain the Four Values of Relationships, Safety, Fun, and Families.
- Creatively plan and implement curriculum that connects the Bible to our children. Can make each week engaging and memorable.
- Help plan and implement large-scale children’s ministry events.
- Follow, research, and interview cutting-edge ministries.
- Plan and implement special events.
- Partner with the Children’s ministries at other campus locations.
- Manage a growth-oriented ministry with goals that align to the mission and vision of the church.
- Ability to empower, inspire, recruit and equip volunteers and staff to minister to children.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work with and learn from others to provide ministry excellence.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, relate well, and minister to the community including parents and families.
- Understand how to encourage and resource parents who are navigating the elementary years.
- Effectively communicate the vision of Wooddale’s Children’s Ministry.
- Ability to research and learn from cutting-edge ministries around the country.
- Maintain a strong work ethic and build efficient processes.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
- Strong skills in details and administration
- Remain a member in good standing of Wooddale Church.
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Wooddale Church.
- Reports to Children’s Pastor
- Relates to Children’s Ministries and other ministry staff
Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as retirement plans.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer