About The MET
Located in Northwest Houston, The MET celebrated it's 50th anniversary in 2015. Average weekly attendance in worship at our Jones Road campus is just under 2,000 and our Kids ministry serves about 600 children each Sunday. The MET is a community of people
and their stories and there is a basic reason that we exist – to go and make disciples of Jesus, who go and make disciples of Jesus. We believe that making disciples is the highest function of any community of faith.
The MET is one church with two locations, and our promise to you is that we will be a community of believers who relationally disciple people in small groups, and who demonstrate the love of Christ to those in our communities and around the world. We will
celebrate with you, help encourage you as you grow in Christ, and we will do life together. To find out more, visit us at http://themet.church
Candidates who live in the Northwest Houston area are preferred.
The purpose of The MET Kids Ministry is to help children initiate and develop a relationship with Jesus Christ, to draw families to the heart of God and to grow a team of children's ministers who are passionate and equipped to reach the next generation with
the gospel of Jesus Christ. By creating environments that allow life-changing ministry to happen, The MET Kids Ministry seeks to give each child an opportunity to experience God in such a way that will inspire them to become totally committed followers of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lives out the spiritual values and mission of The MET, as directed by leadership. Actively participates in The MET’s discipleship process (leads a group or is in a group). Communicates a clear and compelling vision for the kids’ ministry that aligns with
the overall vision and mission of the church.
- Effectively leads and coaches staff to ensure they meet the expectations and accountabilities of their role in the execution of ministry of ministry objectives and
- Effectively identifies and implements the use of curriculum that engages and excites kids. Ensures excellence in the kid’s ministry environments.
- Prepares, manages and controls ministry budget in a way that establishes strong stewardship and cost controls per budget targets and leadership direction.
- Openly recruits volunteers to the ministry through engaging and relational leadership. Equips volunteers to do the work of the ministry – direction, training, and resourcing.
- Develops, implements, and executes an appropriate safety and security procedure for the ministry.
- Partners with student ministry to develop an appropriate strategy for transitioning kids into student ministry.
- Develops effective communication measures to keep kids, leaders, volunteers, and families informed and involved in the ministry.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and outcomes of all events and develops strategic approach to best impact the lives of kids and families.
- Builds strong relationships with kids, parents, staff and volunteers. Works well and partners with the overall MET staff team through a cooperative spirit and work style.
- Sets the spiritual tone of the kids’ ministry team and ensures they understand their role in helping to create atmospheres and environments where people can experience the presence of God. Provides and models spiritual leadership, prayer, and discipleship
to team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ and a member of The MET (or willing to transfer membership to The MET).
- Received a call from God to full time ministry with a genuine love and passion for kids.
- High school diploma required, bachelors or graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a medium to large church, actively engaged in the direction, leadership, and execution of a successful kids ministry that involves preschool aged children through Grade 5. Experience in working, equipping, and engaging with
volunteers and parents necessary. Ministry success should include an engaging, relevant, growing ministry to kids that helps in them growing to be strong followers of Christ.