We are looking for someone with proven experience leading multi-cultural kids ministry in a large church setting (300-500 kids ages 0-5th grade). Our heart for this position is to see strong leadership over an amazing team of students and adults who will
passionately reach kids (and their parents) with Jesus’ love and then encourage and equip them in that love to live as missionaries in their homes, schools, with their friends and in their neighborhoods.
- A vital Christian walk…a person who lives on the cutting edge of spiritual life.
- Spiritual maturity that is easily recognizable through love of people, service to others, an active prayer life and a strong knowledge of the Bible.
- A strong and sustained call to Kids Ministry with gifting in the areas of pastor/teacher and overseer.
- A demonstrated history of healthy ministry in larger (400-700+) kids programs.
- A demonstrated history of leadership development (leading leaders) in larger (400-700+) kids programs.
- A demonstrated history of strategic thinking and systems construction with a large (400-700+) kids program.
- A person who can creatively design and implement programs without step-by-step oversight.
- Required spiritual gifts of leadership and teaching. Preferred spiritual gifts of administration and outreach.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, deploy and nurture/monitor volunteers, interns, team leaders, & staff for Kids Ministry.
- Develop and deliver an engaging, fun, and intentionally biblical curriculum/program for Kids Ministry that strategically moves a child from 0-5th grade.
- Communicate and impart these strategies and programs to overall staff, volunteers, kids and parents.
- Oversee Adventure Zone and Discovery Zone staff and volunteer teams.
- Strategic thinking and construction of healthy systems that move kids (and their parents) from a place of curiosity to kingdom minded kids (and families) on mission for Jesus.
- Develop annual ministry goals and participate in an on-going team development within over all mission.
- Give key leadership to the planning and implementation of Miami Vineyard Kids outreach ministry.
- Take regular times of solitude for personal and spiritual formation.
- Serve on the leadership team.
Administration & Planning
- Work with administrative staff and intern team to communicate all aspects of the Kids Ministry to volunteer team, students, parents and the church community in a timely manner.
- Manage Kids Ministry team by meeting regularly with them for training and development.
- Develop and maintain teams in each of the following areas: Weekend worship gatherings, Teaching, Special Events (strategic to accomplish the priorities of Miami Vineyard Kids), Kids Ministry Training/Leadership development / Mission Projects/kindness outreach.
- Work with Executive Pastor and administrative team on budget planning, management, and assessment.
- Coordinate ministry goal with Miami Vineyard vision and objectives.
- Adhere to all church policies and procedures and ensure that volunteers are in compliance with guidelines for ministry.
Teaching & Training
- Recruit and equip student ministry team for leadership working with Pastor to Students.
- Be available as a resource to the Kids Ministry volunteer team members.
- Teach consistently at ministry level as well as develop a gifted teaching team.
- Participate in local, regional, and national trainings.
- Provide care and discipleship to Kids Ministry staff and volunteers, kids and their families.
- Perform ministerial skills such as follow-up, visitation, assimilation and counseling for kids and their families.