CENTRAL CHRISTIAN CHURCH
SENIOR MINISTER JOB DESCRIPTION
Church Vision: A church community where our love for the Lord and His love for us is always felt and shared within and beyond our doors.
Daily striving to fulfill the two greatest commandments given to us by Christ as written in Matthew 22: 37, 40:
To love God with all our heart, soul, and mind
To love our neighbor as ourselves
Accountability To: Body of Elders
Description: The Senior Minister has primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and to provide leadership, shepherding and vision to the Body in partnership with the Elders, Staff, Ministry Teams and Congregation.
- Passionately embodies God’s word and lives out the gospel in his daily life.
- Shows a deep commitment to Christ and has His heart for all people.
- As a baptized (immersed) believer, fully understands and supports the scripture-based doctrine of the Restoration Movement.
- Consistent spiritual moral character and lifestyle.
- Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Potential and desire to remain in a long-term (5 year minimum) ministry at CCC.
- Strong in biblical and expository preaching.
- Along with baptized members of his immediate family will place his membership with Central Christian Church of Battle Creek.
- History of faithful ministry experience of at least five years and proven leadership in an outreach minded church.
- Computer proficient, able to relate to and participate in social media in a manner that promotes, engages, and encourages the Congregation and others receiving the message
- Ordained or eligible to be ordained in the Christian Church. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of ministry (M Div. preferred).
- Consistently delivers easily understood, Bible-based sermons that are engaging, relevant and challenges those who hear to seek or deepen their relationship with Jesus.
- Provide a focus on spiritual growth, discipleship, and Christian community.
- Has well-developed communication, including strong listening skills and can clearly articulate the vision, mission, and strategies that will spiritually grow the church.
- Prepares preaching/worship schedules in advance, coordinates and plans with worship leader and worship ministry team to ensure that worship services are effective regarding content, style, structure and design.
- Sets aside specific time for study and preparation of the sermon weekly, and makes time for planning retreats to plan upcoming sermon series.
- Creates regular opportunities for people to respond to the message of Christ through evangelistic/discipleship messages.
B. Leadership/Leadership Development & Discipleship
- Leads the Congregation by example and by teaching.
- In partnership with the Elders, Deacons, Staff, and Ministry Teams, is able to implement the vision and mission of the church.
- Provides oversight to staff members that allow them flexibility to accomplish their responsibilities, focusing on our overall goals.
- In partnership with the Elders, adjusts to societal changes without compromising the Christian doctrine.
- Works with Elders to maintain a compelling vision and acts as key implementation champion for the strategic plan.
- Meets regularly with Elders to facilitate the work of the church.
- Holds regularly scheduled Staff meetings and provides direction, support and encouragement to staff members.
- Actively encourages congregational commitment and volunteerism in support of our mission and vision.
- Show respect for and adheres to the decisions of the Body of Elders and follows by-laws of the church.
C. Outreach/Community Engagement
- Champions evangelism by inspiring, equipping, and motivating the congregation to share the gospel with all in our community and others within our reach.
- Through outreach and ministry activities seeks to reach the unchurched in the community using innovative methods.
- Engages and works with other ministries and organizations to serve the community.
- Spends intentional time in the community.
- Equips and mobilizes the congregation in the role of evangelism and in the development of strategic outreach ministries and initiatives.
D. Congregation Relations/Pastoral Care
- Has a relational connection to the congregation, and provides ongoing pastoral support and care of the congregation in partnership with the Elders.
- Prays for, serves, and provides spiritual leadership for the congregation, staff and community.
- Care for the spiritual and physical life of the congregation through supportive listening, conflict management, referral to other professionals.
- Carry out hospital visitation and ministry to shut-ins in partnership with the Elders.
- Conduct baptisms, premarital counseling, weddings, and funerals.
E. Professional Development/Personal Growth
- Continues to grow spiritually and is a lifelong learner.
- In a desire to grow, actively seeks honest feedback and constructive criticism on a regular basis from the Elders, congregation and others.
- Devotes time to spiritual, mental, physical development and well-being through personal disciplines.
- Attend courses, workshops, and conferences as appropriate.
- Attend a small group as a participant and/or lead a small group.
- Participation in self-evaluation as well as evaluation/feedback yearly.
- Develop an annual plan in cooperation with Elders.
- Works within the administrative budget and maintains fiscal responsibility with the church resources.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Anyone applying for position will be granting permission for background checks (educational, references, financial, criminal). These checks will only be done if the applicant is chosen as one of the candidates for the position.
Completed applications can be emailed to: Cccministersearch@gmail.com by May 4, 2017.