Required Qualifications: The Children’s Ministry Director should meet the requirements for church membership and have an overall ministry vision that aligns with the Oxboro Church vision statement and core values: God, Grace, Group, Grow, and Go.
The Children’s Ministry Director should:
- Have a strong, thriving personal faith in Jesus Christ (as evident by commitment to personal and corporate prayer, Bible study and outreach/evangelism).
- Be passionately committed to the discipleship of children at Oxboro and by helping equip families within the church to effectively disciple their children. Work harmoniously with staff and volunteers, including willingly receiving support and accountability
from church staff, elders, and Children’s Ministry Committee.
- Proactively recruit volunteers for the various programs
- Excel at the administrative aspect of ministry position.
- Have the ability to understand and work positively with children (infant through grade 5) and be comfortable leading groups with a wide age-range when needed (Pre-K-5).
Desired Qualifications: An ideal candidate would possess:
- An understanding of child development including faith formation and discipleship.
- A degree, or interest in further education in one of these areas is a plus but not required: Children’s Ministry, Discipleship, Early/Elementary/Special Education, or similar)
- Past experience in children’s ministry
- Knowledge/experience working with children with disabilities, behavior challenges, and diverse backgrounds.
Please view this ministry job posting on the Oxboro website:
http://www.oxboro.org or respond by sending your Resume, 3 References, and Cover Letter to: email@example.com