Emmanuel Bible Fellowship
Job Title: Youth Pastor
Posted: March 24, 2017
Reports to: Lead Pastor (& Elders of EBF)
Position Purpose: The Youth Pastor of Emmanuel Bible Fellowship is responsible for carrying out the vision of EBF by reaching out to the Middle School (6-8 grade), High School and College students of EBF and Olympia to help them experience
the Gospel of Jesus and ultimately see Jesus transform them into disciples that will follow Christ for a lifetime.
Church Vision: One Family, Living on Mission to Love God and Serve the World.
Overall Relationships: The Youth Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor and ultimately the Elder's. As a pastor of EBF, the youth pastor will also serve as one of the Elder's of EBF and must exemplify the qualifications of an elder as described
in 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1. As a pastor/elder, the Youth Pastor is responsible, along with all the pastors and elders, to shepherd the church and help reach Olympia and ultimately the world with the Gospel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the overall vision of EBF within the student ministries of EBF, to help every student become part of the EBF
family and discover the
mission to which God has called him/her.
- Plan and implement a balanced approach to leading youth that includes the study of God's Word and application into their lives, helping them develop their own personal time in God's Word, being mentored and mentoring someone (as a goal), outreach, fellowship,
missions, music, worship - all in a fun, welcoming environment to current and new students.
- Plan and direct all events including camps/retreats, mission trips, small group ministry, outreach and special events.
- Provide biblical counsel for students when needed and partner with the pastoral staff to help counsel parents and the family as a whole.
- Recruit, train and empower youth staff to mentor and lead students. Plan and implement monthly youth staff meetings to encourage, pray, mentor and train.
- Develop a plan to welcome and follow-up with new and/or visiting students.
- Communicate with parents through event calendars, parent meetings, e-mail and Facebook.
- Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings and monthly elder meetings and retreats.
- Develop and oversee the youth budget in conjunction with the overall church budget.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned as part of the Pastor/Elder team of EBF by the Lead Pastor.
EBF is looking for an energetic, relational self-starter who is spiritually and emotionally mature, with a proven record of leading youth/student ministry for 5 years. Someone who will consistently demonstrate Christian character, grace, love for Jesus
and the Gospel, a teachable spirit and a spirit of faithfulness to fulfill their God-given call to serve the Body, His Bride. Ability to clearly communicate and teach the Bible and Theology and help students develop this desire for themselves. Will demonstrate
a cooperative team spirit with all leaders of EBF and demonstrate grace to all.
Three to five year’s full-time ministry experience in leading youth ministry is preferred. A Bible/Theology degree is desirable. Our current church-attendance is 450-500 (Sunday AM combined). Youth Group mid-week attendance (MS) 30-40; (HS) 40-45
Salary: Negotiable with respect to experience.
Benefits: Medical and dental; retirement; up to 4 weeks annual vacation; school/ministry leave negotiable.
Contact: Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com