NewPointe’s Director of Family Life is primarily responsible for changing people’s lives by ensuring that NewPointe’s mission, vision, and ministry direction are consistent across all campuses in all Family Life ministry environments. This role provides
directional leadership for all Family Life ministry teams by collaborating with campus pastors, ministry leaders, and leadership so that campus Family Life ministries effectively lead children, students, and parents to realize and reach their full potential
in Jesus Christ.
- Safeguard Family Life ministry culture and NewPointe DNA to ensure that they are expressed accurately, healthily, and in a growing sequence at every campus by setting and supporting a clear directional framework.
- Provide accountability to ministry practices at local levels through regular meetings, setting and monitoring goals and achievements, and providing performance management, training, and development for Family Life staff.
- Champion Family Life ministries (both children and student ministries) through the selection/creation of curricula, global event and series planning, and provision of resources for families.
- Oversee volunteer recruiting, onboarding, training, and appreciation; providing resources and best practices for ministry leaders.
- Work with other departments within designed frameworks to ensure that all global communication, production, and equipment needs are secured for Family Life.
- Work with leadership to provide directional oversight to departmental budget and expenditures, and ensure alignment with vision, values, and ministry direction.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please visit newpointe.org/jobs and click "Apply Here" to fill out a standard NewPointe application. Applications sent through Church Staffing will not be considered, as they do not include all information necessary for consideration.
- Indirect supervisor to campus Family Life staff members
- Lead volunteers
- Ability to use leadership skills to grow others in their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Ability to lead as a servant leader whose desire is to equip and empower
- Ability to lead volunteers
- Ability to cast vision, rally people behind that vision, and help create strategies that make that vision a reality.
- Ability to possess a high commitment to supporting the overall vision and mission of NewPointe Community Church
- Ability to build teams
Education: High school diploma required, college degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of 5 years related experience in leading at high levels in a growing church/organization.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within NewPointe, including . . .
- Tithe (within 3 months of hire)
- Participate in authentic community (meaningful accountability)
- Regular attendance at all NewPointe services
- Abstain from alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substances.
At NewPointe we value working through people to accomplish goals, as well as personally contributing at a level that requires God’s help. By maintaining these priorities, we will put ourselves in a position where we can continue to strive for excellence
and value reaching lost people.