The Executive/Executive Pastor is responsible for leading and managing the staff at Mountain Park Community Church (MPCC). In this role, it is essential for this person to work closely with the Senior Pastor to develop the MPCC vision and values and then
to correspondingly communicate, align, and direct the ministries of the church through the efforts of the staff. This person does not need to be a pastor as the primary areas of responsibility are staff leadership, strategic planning, financial management,
business administration, human resources, and operations management. The relationship between the Senior Pastor and the Executive/Executive Pastor is one of mutual accountability and is critical for the success of the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Implementation of the MPCC vision
- Meets regularly with the Senior Pastor to align on vision, objectives, and key deliverables.
- Works closely with the Leadership Team to develop and align plans to execute on strategic objectives and tactical key results.
- Communicates regularly with and assists the pastoral staff in developing their ministry plans and goals.
- Monitors, measures, and assists the pastoral staff in fulfilling their plans and goals.
Staff recruitment, evaluation, retention, and development
- Develops and manages the organization structure that supports the vision and ministry plans. Naturally gifted at management - the ability to manage people must go beyond theoretical. This person must show natural ability to adjust to different people
in different situations.
- Manages pastoral (worship, family, connection, outreach) and operations team
- Leads, oversees, and regularly communicates with the pastoral and administrative staff.
- Defines and implements a church-wide performance evaluation process.
- Recommends staff salary adjustments.
- Identifies staff needs corresponding to the growing and/or changing needs of the church body.
- Develops and manages an organizational structure that supports the vision and the ministry plans of the church.
- Assists and approves the recruiting in staffing the pastoral staff and their departments.
- Assists and approves in removal of any staff personnel.
- Responsible for the definition and/or development, implementation and ongoing support of leadership and pastoral skills through in-house and external training programs.
- Oversees/conducts staff meetings and retreats in partnership with Senior Pastor.
Budget and finance
- Works with the Senior Pastor, BOSL, and Finance Committee to oversee the church’s finances.
- Establishes priorities as defined by the Senior Pastor and the Board of Servant Leaders (BOSL)
- Gathers information from Ministry leaders and develops the annual budget.
- Ensures the preparation and presentation of quarterly budget reports to the Finance Committee.
- Holds pastoral staff accountable in all budgetary matters by holding regular budget performance reviews, and by reviewing exceptions to budgets and granting approval where necessary according to the established guidelines:
- Purchase of property, as applicable.
- Lease agreements, as applicable.
- Management and maintenance of church equipment and property.
- Management and maintenance of church facilities.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency accounting and reporting requirements.
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal employment laws.
- Ensures accurate accounting and proper chain of custody of church offerings.
- Provides oversight of budget voting process
Practices, policies, and procedures
- Oversees that MPCC practices, policies and procedures are in compliance with all local, state, and federal laws.
- Provides consistent application of workplace practices, policies, and procedures by all employees.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing diverse organizations
- Skilled and experienced in managing staff and volunteers
- Proficiency with financial aspects of managing a small company
- Five years’ experience in a larger (500+) church
- Proven experience in leadership in larger (500+) church
- Proven experience in building effective teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITY
- Proficient computer skills, experience with or ability to learn Mac software
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator and relationship building skills
- Must be approachable, liked, and trusted by the staff.
- Proficient problem-solver who is able to manage 1-3 significant priorities simultaneously. This person must have the confidence and ingenuity to complete top priority tasks.
Essential Qualities for growing in your role
- Commitment to MPCC’s mission, values, and leadership
- Must operate with humility as demonstrated through a high level of trust and respect between the Senior Pastor and this person
- Align with the MPCC personality of
i. Safe yet Dangerous
ii. Fun yet Intentional
iii. Confident yet Humble
- Spiritually mature Christian with consistent track record of Christ-like behavior including
i. Knows the Story
ii. Trusts the Author
iii. Living with Margin
iv. Thriving in my Family Role
v. Thriving in my Kingdom Role
- A self-starter who has a strong work ethic
- Succinct communication - time with Senior Pastor needs to be energizing and efficient
- Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
- Emotional and relational intelligence
- Someone who models/desires healthy biblical relationships
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude who motivates and encourages others
- Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Senior Pastor
- Job descriptions at MPCC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require
the participation of the person holding this position
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
Mountain Park Community Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer