A Humble Leader
You will help develop processes and shepherd the various teams of people in the above five areas so that we provide warm, welcoming environments, especially on Sundays and as directed. You will lead the way in the recruitment, organization and training of
our volunteers as you model humble servant-leadership that takes our Connections, Care, Partnership, and Outreach
ministries to new levels of growth and impact.
You’ll help ensure that our people learn how to live missional, evangelistic lives, taking their first vital steps as disciples of Jesus. You will develop and implement church-wide processes in a way that prioritizes people (we have no desire to simply make
people busy. We want people to be in love with Jesus and tell others about Him as a result.)
Ministry Summary God is moving at Grace Fellowship! Over 500 people accepted Christ through our ministries in just the past few years. Hundreds more have taken deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration. You will work under the direct
supervision of our Lead Pastor. He has a passion to see people released into worship like never before. You must share this passion.
We need an experienced man of God who sees himself as a servant leader who manages the office of the First Steps Pastor. You must have a burning desire to leave an eternal legacy that greatly glorifies God by prioritizing the Great Commission in ways that
bring Jesus Christ honor and glory. Your supervisor and ministry staff must respect you, find you reliable and see that you walk with Jesus Christ. You must be able to maintain confidentiality and refrain from gossip, showing yourself to be spiritually
mature and above reproach, demonstrating trustworthiness.
- You must be a born-again follower of Jesus Christ, with personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going.
- We are looking for a person with the character qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, because these qualifications demonstrate spiritual maturity. You must also agree with our Vision, Mission, Values, and Doctrinal Statement, and be excited
about our culture, as expressed in our document “The Culture of Grace.”
- You must have an obvious love for your spouse and children (if applicable), and a clear calling, passion and experience leading people in ministry and developing teams that share the same.
- You should be in shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, prioritizing your own health so that you can run the race for Christ with the biblical mentality of a marathon runner.
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes designed to spiritually equip the Body.
Education, Ministry Experience and Qualifications
- You must be genuinely humble, as demonstrated by a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others, preventing and resolving conflict.
- You must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. You must have outstanding people skills and a demonstrated love for people.
- You must be a graduate from a reputable college, Bible college or seminary, with a minimum B.A. or B.S. degree. If you do not have a degree, we will consider commensurate experience in customer service and management.
- You must have a minimum of two (2) years proven success in leadership in the area(s) of customer service and/or connection in a ministry setting, with proven ability to screen, recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
- You must have experience casting and implementing vision in a mid- to large-size church, or comparable experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in strategic planning, event planning, screening, recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and handling
- You must have experience creating annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must be able to anticipate needs and procure resources annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year. You must be able to help develop and work within
- You must have a strong track record of being self-motivated, organized and successful with little supervision, yet able to work excellently with the Next Steps Pastor and other ministry peers and leaders.
- You and your family will be enthusiastic Partners of Grace Fellowship.
- Your leadership will focus on five primary objectives:
Ministry Overview: The Big Picture
1. Pastoral: Assist in shepherding the congregation of Grace Fellowship under the direction of the Lead Pastor.
2. Connect: Lead the Connections Ministry in creating outstanding environments and clear avenues for people to take their next step, and fostering humble, well equipped, growing teams. Oversee the Connections Ministry
by ensuring our guests are warmly welcomed and assimilated into our church as engaged, replicating followers of Jesus Christ.
3. Benevolence and Care: Oversee and further develop our Care Ministry teams, team leaders, and volunteers to ensure that those with physical needs are being cared for with love and excellence. Coordinate and work with
our Deacons in acts of service to the needy within our congregation.
4. Partnership: Take the lead on teaching, facilitating and overseeing the
Partnership experience with the support of the Next Steps Pastor. Ensure that our Core Ideology is being clearly communicated, so that we may be able to make disciples who make disciples here and around the world. Help those who have not yet been baptized
by overseeing and teaching a baptism class.
5. Communication and Logistics: Help our Lead Pastor by ensuring that communication between ministries is excellent and maximized, so that our Core Ideology is manifest in all we do. Help ensure that
our ministry processes and procedures are efficient and maximized.
6. Outreach: Assist our Next Steps Pastor in his efforts to help our Life Groups become organic, effective evangelistic, missional communities that grow through new conversion.
Ministry Responsibilities in Detail Under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor you will focus specifically on the following:
- Pastoral: Make a local, regional, national and international impact by helping people understand what it means to be led by the Holy Spirit and live surrendered lives as you model this in your own life and family.
- Pastoral: Participate as a member of the Pastoral Team of Grace Fellowship. Perform weddings and funerals, and counsel and teach as requested.
- Pastoral: Develop and manage the budgets of the ministries you oversee.
- Pastoral: Recruit, screen, train, shepherd and lead volunteers in our
Connections Ministry (Parking, Greeting, Starting Points, Ushers, Communion and Follow-Up),
Care Ministry (Home and Hospital Visits, Cards, Meals, and ePrayer)
as well as Partnership and Outreach, making sure that we have the right people doing the right things in the right ways. Ensure volunteers are well-cared for, perpetually surrendering to God and equipped to serve others
- Pastoral: Coordinate with other ministry leaders to ensure excellent communication and coordination between various ministries. Develop and implement processes in a way that prioritizes our Core Ideology.
- Connect: Help shape and continuously improve our “Grace Experience,” which continues from the time people visit our webpage and drive onto our campus to the moment they leave. Work with the Connections Leadership Team to ensure that first-time guests are
intentionally loved, embraced and welcomed.
- Connect: Oversee the Follow-Up Team, ensuring that guests are welcomed, encouraged, and guided in taking their next step in our discipleship pathway.
- Connect: Work with the Pastors and Senior Staff to oversee logistics on Sunday morning and for special services.
- Care: Shape and continuously improve our Care Ministry teams, which help meet the physical needs of those who are part of Grace. Work with the Care Ministry team leaders and volunteers to ensure that people in need are receiving the care they require through
hospital and home visits, meals, and prayer.
- Care: Develop, improve, and oversee acts of kindness and service that aim to help those in need in our congregation in practical and tangible ways. Work and coordinate with our Deacons to plan, implement, and accomplish these acts of kindness and service.
- Outreach: Intentionally focus on leading and developing teams to reach a specific group or groups of people with the message of Christ (i.e. local college students and young adults).
- Help people take their first step in our discipleship pathway by completing our
Partnershipexperience, and becoming engaged, reproducing followers of Jesus Christ. Work closely with the Next Steps Pastor, who will support you in this process.
- Partnership: Help people take their first steps in their walk with God through the waters of baptism. Oversee our baptism classes to help people understand the importance and biblical significance of baptism.
Your Next Steps
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. Please involve your spouse (if applicable) in the process.
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, with a
cover letter specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3)
ministry references who have at least twelve (12) months first-hand knowledge
of your experience. References that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. We will not contact these references without your permission, and will only do so if we pursue your candidacy with us. We take your privacy seriously
and will honor it.
- Send your information in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and be asked to complete a spiritual gifts and personality profile, to help determine your potential fit with us.