The Director of Children's Ministries (DCM) oversees Boulevard Park Church's ministry to insure that children come to know God personally, learn biblical truths, and develop a Christ-centered foundation that will empower them to glorify God in their life
and relationship with others. The scope of the Children's Ministries includes all children from birth through sixth grade as well as their families.Additionally, the DCM is responsible for reaching children and their families for Christ by providing opportunities
for unchurched children and families to come and hear the gospel of Christ.
Boulevard Park Church expects that the DCM will…
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Have a passion for ministering to infants and children as well as the parents or guardians who are raising them.
- Be an excellent communicator and have strong leadership skills.
- Approach the ministry to children and families in a creative and enthusiastic fashion.
- Have a clear vision for Children's Ministries and the ability to communicate that vision to others.
- Lead and work with current Children's Ministries Team.
- Equip leaders to effectively minister to children and their families through the Children's Ministries.
- Develop and cast a vision for Children's Ministries that is consistent with the mission and vision of Boulevard Park Church.
- Develop and implement outreach to children and families in the community.
- Coordinate and implement activities that minister to families with children.
- Create strategies and/or vision that actively foster a culture of continual gospel presentation and discipleship.
- Provide oversight and administration of Children's Ministries personnel, curriculum, and facilities.
- Oversee all Children's Ministry activities/events to include; Sunday morning ministries, MOPs, AWANA, and special events.
- Communicate weekly with volunteer/staff updates, parent updates, and bulletin inserts.
- Oversee volunteers by recruiting, training, and scheduling for both ongoing programs and special events.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and special events.
- Plan and implement special events such as service projects, outreach events, and Christmas/Easter programs.
- Assist in planning & promoting classes for parents.
- Attend Christian Education Committee meetings.
- Lead Children's Ministry Team meetings.
- Provide vision and leadership for maintaining orderly, inviting, and updated facilities used by Children's Ministries.
- Perform other ministerial and staff duties as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Director of Children's Ministries reports directly to: Senior Pastor
Reporting directly to Director of Children's Ministries: KID's Church Director; Sunday School Director; Director of Nursery Ministries; Paid Nursery Staff; Volunteers.
Director of Children's Ministries works closely with: Children's Ministry Team, pastors, directors, ministry leaders, and parents/guardians.