Date: March 2017
Revision Target: April 2017
FLSA Category: FT Exempt – Ministerial Exemption
PURPOSE: The Communications Manager will help develop key messages for multiple communication channels. The Communications Manager is also responsible for conveying the organizations internal and external messages in a timely and impactful
way. The role requires versatility and excellent writing skills. The Communications Manager should provide outstanding customer service, be enthusiastic, and be able to build warm, transparent relationships with internal partners, members and/or potential
members of the church, and potential vendors.
Media and Communications (Ministry Services)
Reports to Sr. Director of Media Strategy & Communications
- Manage the communications for Christ Church, aligning all communication with key strategic messages.
- Develop email campaigns and marketing collateral; create monthly email planning calendar, generate ideas, write and edit copy with concise and impactful messaging, gain internal approvals and coordinate with the Graphic Artist & Social Media Marketer.
- Help develop and maintain communications plans using excel to plan the course of larger projects.
- Draft creative briefs to help the Graphic Artist & Social Media Marketer understand the vision and scope of larger, long-term projects.
- Manage the development of content for www.cc-ob.org, ensuring key messages are consistent throughout the site, as well as easily accessible and user-friendly for external users.
- Proactively manage relationships with Christian trade publications to elevate the image of Christ Church; develop press releases and advertisements for publications and facilitate approval process.
- Create a quarterly digital newsletter; prepare an editorial outline, lead the development of content and design, working with the Graphic Artist & Social Media Marketer and key stakeholders.
- Generate new creative ideas for print, online and social media promotions in conjunction with the Graphic Artist & Social Media Marketer.
- Generate new ideas to promote and grow Broadcast Ministry.
- Support Graphic Design & Social Media Marketer with key messaging for social properties to be included in monthly planning calendar.
- Delegate projects or portions of a project to the Communications Specialist and Graphic Design & Social Media Marketer, and project manage them through completion.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships to help secure best pricing.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Support and model individual spiritual formation i.e. Worship, Grow and Serve. (Weekly worship, prayer, scripture reading, small group, volunteering/service, etc.).
- Desire to continuously learn and serve others.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Integrity for work habits and results.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Appreciation for own and other’s giftedness.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Ability to keep high degree of confidentiality.
- High degree of patience and professionalism.
- Approachable and accessible.
- A team player who works well with others.
Skills and Talents
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Superior organizational, logistical and planning skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines while maintaining high standards of work quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate and implement communications strategies and to manage projects and/or events.
- Possess excellent writing and editing skills for print, web, digital signage and social media.
- Possess excellent oral communications and listening skills, with high professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task, meet project deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who sees the big picture.
- Team builder who builds relationships and manages by influence.
- Energized by non-routine assignments.
- Creative and innovative.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically PhotoShop, Indesign and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft Office.
Additional Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field; Master’s Degree, a plus.
- Experience in a large church or non-profit organization a plus.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the volume of inquiries and applications, we are not able to respond to every application or resume we receive. We will be in contact with you if we are interested in pursuing your application of employment. Thank you for your understanding.
Please, no phone calls.