The Worship Pastor will be the producer of each worship service (8:00 am, 9:45 am and 11:30 am) and special programs and will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The Worship Pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading
people to God and a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is a pastoral one that therefore requires the individual to serve not solely as a musical or performing
arts director but also as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
Leads, directs and oversees the overall functioning of the Worship Purpose, ensuring all processes and procedures are effective, efficient and are in alignment with Village View’s mission and values, through
- Planning and executing the corporate worship services in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Ensuring that all the musical and technical aspects of the worship service advance the theme for the day.
- Overseeing song and choral selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Serving as worshiper in all worship services.
- Directing all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Providing pastoral care for the worship teams and choirs.
- Developing and overseeing a drama team and ministry.
- Introducing our worship teams and choirs to worship training provided by other ministries, books and conferences.
- Planning seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas two to three times per year. Finding and planning other ways to use music teams and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Overseeing the worship department budget, organization, and Ministry Partners.
- Building contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Setting annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with Village View’s vision and then evaluating how those goals were attained or modified during the year,
Provides leadership for the Worship teams which will build professional and effective relationships in order to build and enhance the Body of Christ, by
- Being the Pastor of everyone involved in the music and technical ministries and take spiritual oversight of them.
- Leading the contemporary worship service and leading the choir in the traditional service.
- Leading in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Working closely with the Executive Team and the Senior Staff to insure the worship supports the overall mission of the church.
- Being in love with the mission of the church.
- Developing the core teams that are necessary for effective worship.
Effectively performs other duties as assigned
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Executive Pastor.
Education/Training: High school graduate. College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five years of leading worship and supervising multiple worship teams, as well as thinking strategically in a large church required. Skilled in choral, vocal and instrumental direction. Also skilled
in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point and video production.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Live within a 15 mile radius of Village View Community Church
- Evidence of being a committed Christian who is in agreement with the vision and statement of faith of Village View Community Church.
- Member of Village View Church
- Character that demonstrates the ability to use good judgment and keep information confidential.
- Skill and knowledge in such diverse areas as: administration & organization, oral and written communications, personal presence and confidence
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Team orientation with special people skills and an ability to maintain an appropriate public relations demeanor.
- Initiative and knowledge to know when to take action and when to refer questions to others.
- Desire to invest in a clear sense of God’s calling to this work.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
If you meet the listed requirements and are interested in joining a life-giving team that is committed to making a difference please forward a cover email, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions must include a “link” to
a video of you leading worship, a picture of you and your family and a brief description as to why you would fit our team.