The Children's Ministry Director shall provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of the children's ministry from nursery through fifth grade, including supervision paid staff and lay leaders/teachers, volunteers, curriculum, programming,
budget and planning. The CM Director must have a strong commitment to the mission and beliefs of Coppell Bible Fellowship and is passionate about inviting children to know and accept Christ as their personal Savior while developing them to become more like
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Vision for Children's Ministry: Provide vision, direction, development and management for all aspects of the ministry to children from nursery through fifth grade. Develop, encourage and coach children's ministry teams. Facilitate the training of volunteer
leaders and teachers. Oversee ongoing strategic development of curriculum, programming, facility, budget and planning. Implement a strategy that encourages worship, discipleship, fellowship, evangelism, and service for our children and their families.
2. Oversight of Children's Ministry Programming: Ensure that there is age appropriate curriculum for all of the children's Bible classes, develop and implement a strategic curriculum plan to equip children in Biblical foundation and truth through the entire
program. Develop and determine specific, measurable standards for tracking progression of spiritual growth. Manage volunteers to ensure adequate levels of coverage for all the classes while providing oversight of the Children's Worship time. Maintain and enforce
all policies and procedures related to the safety and security of children at CBF, including child abuse prevention guidelines, child health policies, and reasonable security measures.
3. Volunteers: Recruit, shepherd and equip volunteers for Bible classes and children's ministry events. Use creative techniquest to recruit volunteers for all children's ministry programs. This includes all children's Bible classes, the Information Desk,
and any special events (VBS, etc.). Shepherd and equip volunteers through volunteer events and individual meetings.
4. Equipping Parents: Equip parents by providing them with resources to help them in the raising and discipleship of their children.
5. Local Outreach and Parachurch Ministries: Be outwardly focused and inviting to the community in accordance with our overall church mission. Provide support, encouragement and guidance as needed to both the AWANA and Beach Club programs. The CM Director
is encouraged to shepherd the leaders of AWANA and the Beach Club Commander and Secretary, providing insight as necessary. It is the responsibility of these ministries to recruit, train, and maintain volunteer leaders as well as organize and implement the
ongoing programs and any new events.
6. Child Care: Oversee the Childcare Coordinator through collaboration and guidance and assist as needed with any childcare worker issues.
7. Administration: Oversee/delegate the details of the children's ministry. This includes Sunday School records, preparation of snacks, number of children and volunteers for each Sunday, etc. Oversee budget and expenditures for the children's ministry. Report
attendance each week for all children's ministry related activities.
* Acts as an advocate for the church by complying with and promoting all church policies and procedures and promoting a positive attitude towards the vision, purpose and values of the church.
* Recruit, shepherd and equip a children's leadership team to assist in overseeing the children's ministry.
* Oversee/delegate decorating of the children's classrooms throughout the year, ensuring decorations are appropriate, imaginative and attractive.
* Facilitate and coordinate local outreaches. This may include events such as the school supply drive and outreaches for the holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)
* Attend weekly staff meetings and other staff functions.
* Character - Demonstration of a life of integrity and the moral authority to lead others as you follow Christ
* Chemistry - Must be emotionally healthy and able to work well within a team
* Competency - Possess proven leadership gifts and the ability to be theologically discerning
* Calling - Have a clear sense of the Lord's calling in your life
* Servant's Heart - Recognize that Jesus came to serve, not be served and we are called to be like Christ
* Must exhibit an engaging personality that is appealing to children and adults
* Possess a sound knowledge of Scripture and have the ability to teach effectively, applying Scriptural principles in all areas of ministry
* Be committed to a lifetime of learning in order to become a more effective leader for children and families
* Have basic computer skills (able to use Microsoft Office and the internet)
* Knowledge of administration and organization
* Knowledge of children's physical, emotional and spiritual development
* Skilled in communication, both written and oral
* Ability to interact with parents and children and address behavior issues as they arise
* Must be able to handle conflict and help resolve difficult issues
* A college graduate with seminary training is desirable
* A minimum of five years previous experience in ministry is required
* Must be a Christian - inward experience of trusting Jesus Christ alone as Savior
* Must be baptized - outward expression of obedience to Christ
* Must be an active member of Coppell Bible Fellowship or commit to become a member and agree with the doctrinal positions of CBF
* Must be of excellent moral character and reputation. Must live an exemplary lifestyle
* Must be discreet and trustworthy in regard to confidential matters, not one who gossips
* Must be dependable and willing by God's grace to fulfill the responsibilities stated in ministry description
* Must support and show respect to the senior pastor and other church leaders
* Must develop own relationship with God through consistent Bible study and prayer
* Be committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith
* Love and prioritize your spouse (if married)