East Stroudsburg United Methodist Church, located in the Pocono Mountains of Eastern PA, has a part-time job available for the qualified candidate. This position is responsible for four key areas: Congregational Care, Discipleship Ministries, Training, and
Resourcing. Congregational care encompasses visitation and counseling for the sick, bereaved, homebound, and those in need to spiritual support. Discipleship coordination includes planning for adult discipleship opportunities, coordinating church-wide studies,
and providing accountability, encouragement, and training for those leading small and covenant groups outside of Sunday morning. The staff member will work directly with an experienced lay discipleship team and the pastor.
This staff member will be responsible for training and resourcing members of the Care Team, lay-led hospital visitation, homebound Holy Communion distribution, and regular training for those desiring to be teachers of small groups. The job is structured
for 22 hours per week.
- Post high school education and counseling experience is a plus
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a mature faith
- Comfortable in times of crisis; emotionally stable with no unresolved issues; a good listener with the ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to effectively motivate and lead others
- Ability to organize and manage
- Solid knowledge base in congregational care and Christian discipleship
- Team player working for the good in all areas of the church
To Apply: Please request a full job description from church administrator, Jill Teaford (firstname.lastname@example.org), and submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.