Position Overview: This position is designed to assist the Youth Pastor with the overall youth programs (middle school and high school). This position reports directly to the youth pastor.
Position Description: The position will work with the youth pastor and independently to implement programs to build young disciples for Christ. The ideal candidate has experience teaching teenagers and leading a ministry for them. This
position is a leadership developer. We believe strongly in developing student and lay adult leaders to do and lead significant ministry. The individual will conduct themselves in a way that demonstrates their love for youth where they are, encouragement
of youth in developing their relationship to God, providing them with opportunities for nurture and growth and challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world. The individual in this position will be subject to a background
check; employment is contingent upon passing this test.
Duties: All staff of Cherry Hills are expected to display a Christ-like character when interacting with each other, church members, staff, and guests as well as understand and fully support the Cherry Hills’ vision and culture. It will
be important that the individual in this position lives according to the Christian belief and will serve as a role model for the youth.
Duties include but are not limited to any combination of the following:
- Recruit, train and develop student and adult leaders
- Attend appropriate community school activities in which the youth participate
- Work with Student Ministries Pastor to transition students into and out of youth ministry
- Counsel students as needed
- Maintain contact and communication with students and families on a regular basis
- Communicate, train and counsel with parents as required
- Be available to travel with Youth on trips
- Teach and/or lead Middle School or High School Ministry
- Connect Students to opportunities to serve in the church and community
- Ability to lead student worship and develop student worship artists is a plus but is not required.
- Attend Staff meetings
- Provide for personal spiritual study and growth on a regular basis
- Serve in submission and respect to the pastoral leadership of Cherry Hills
- Regularly attend worship services of Cherry Hills on Sunday mornings
The successful candidate will:
- Will possess a degree (Bachelor or higher) in Bible Studies, preferably in a related field; may consider, with appropriate experience, a candidate that is within two semesters of completion of their degree
- Will possess a minimum of two years’ experience in church ministry focused on working with youth (Middle School or High School)
- Will have demonstrated skills and experience in counseling and active listening skills for youth and adults (parents)
- Will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a member or regular attendee of Cherry Hills Baptist Church (or be a regular attendee for at least two years at another Christ-centered church)
- Must have or get a current Illinois drivers’ license and will provide proof of auto insurance
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Work environment in general will include routinely working with and around youth on the church campus and outside environs as required for the program. There will be some office environment activities to include operation of standard office equipment such
as computers, photocopiers, etc. Some travel, including out of state and perhaps out of country from time to time may be required.
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com or by clicking the apply button below.