SENIOR PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION:
Organize and implement worship services (Sunday mornings and evenings, Good Friday, Christmas Eve)
- Preaching (preferred style: expository with pastoral freedom)
- Administer ordinances (quarterly observance of communion; baptisms; ordinations)
- Prepare weekly service bulletins
- Officiate at weddings and funerals of church members
Be a coach/player by equipping, leading and preparing others for Christian service
- Teaching (lead Bible studies, community groups, new believer training)
- Premarital and other requested private counseling of church members
- Congregational shepherding (home-bound and hospital phone calls and visitations)
- Actively participate in missions efforts (Annie Armstrong & Lottie Moon Offerings, Operation Christmas Child Shoebox drive, annual VBS, Disaster Relief trips, local “Faith In Action” projects)
- Exemplify a lifestyle of scriptural characteristics (holiness, humility, grace, prayerful, Spirit-led)
- Appropriate theological education and doctrine (prefer pastoral degree, Southern Baptist background)
- Prefer a minimum of 3-5 years pastoral experience
- Friendly, genuine, approachable personality
- Participate in local community events
- Willing to coordinate church ministry, missions, and policies with Deacon/Trustee governing board
Lewisburg Baptist Church has been ministering to and serving the communities in and around Lewisburg (southern Mason County) and Maysville, Kentucky since our beginning in 1843. A lot has changed since then, but our purpose remains to glorify God by making
his love and grace known to all. We aim to be Christians not just on Sunday morning, but throughout the entire week. It's hard work, but by and through the grace and forgiveness of God, we keep working towards Christlikeness.
We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, Kentucky Baptist Convention, and the Bracken Association of Baptists. We do this because we believe that we can do more when we partner together than we can apart.
Missions are important to us too, so we support the North American Mission Board, the International Mission Board, and various local opportunities and ministries.
We believe that God’s Word is completely true; it guides us in everything from what we teach to how we live. The 2000 Baptist Faith and Message is a helpful summary of our beliefs.