FBCW Pastor/Director of Student Ministries
To equip students and their families to become fully-maturing, gospel-centered disciples of Jesus Christ. The pastor will have the freedom and responsibility to develop strategies that lead, teach, equip, and demonstrate love to students, families, and volunteer
staff. The strategies need to align with the overarching mission, values, strategies, and theology of FBCW.
- Support the pastoral staff in the cause of Christ with all their heart.
- Lead with integrity, love, and spiritual passion.
- Attend the weekly Staff Meetings
- Work closely with the Christian Education Board
- Refuse to slander, gossip, or listen to such
- Use gifts effectively
- Allow God to use them as He sees fit to minister to the church and our community with a servant’s/shepherd’s heart.
- Interpret and communicate our student ministry strategy and program to the congregation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
- Establish annual ministry plans specific to their ministry.
- Establish personal safeguards for meetings, counseling sessions, and internet use with assistance of Senior Pastor or his designee.
STUDENT MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This group of 5-12 graders, post-grads, and parents are critical to FBCW and our future. We expect the Student Pastor to minister to this specific group. The responsibilities for this ministry include:
- Ensure the youth are effectively evangelized, discipled, and encouraged to mature in their Christian lives.
- Develop age appropriate opportunities for worship, discipleship, and relationship building.
- Help engage students in the broader life of FBCW.
- Cultivate the spiritual development of students through opportunities, resources, environments, etc.
- Organize and prayerfully select, with God’s guidance, a Student Ministry Team. Lead and equip this team by having monthly meetings. Recruiting, encouraging, and training all Student Ministry leaders at FBCW must be a priority.
- Facilitate growth level programs (i.e. Sunday programming, weekly fellowship groups, and discipleship).
- Visit students and families (in their homes, at school, at sporting events, at work, etc.) on a regular basis. Be sure the Student Ministry Team also becomes personally involved in visitation, phone contacts, etc., so that we focus on people, not just programs.
- Schedule and lead “outreach” activities, emphasizing the importance to invite un-churched friends.
- Schedule/attend an event/trip each quarter that stresses reaching out to others in our community or state. Use existing events to connect our youth with other excellent teaching/worship opportunities and Christian teens. In order to stress our commitment
to WVBC, participate in state events, which will include the following: Fall Rally, Sr. High and Jr. High Conventions, Omega, Camp Cowen summer camp, work parties, and mission trips.
- Conduct “Informational Meetings” for parents and distribute the calendars/plans to the families.
- Be accountable to the Senior Pastor or his designee in a staff relationship.
- Adhere without exception to the keeping of sensitive information confidential.
- Be accountable to the Executive and Christian Education Boards.
- Provide the church with an annual written report.
- Be subject to an annual written evaluation by the Sr. Pastor or his designee and salary/benefit (vacation, insurance, etc.) review by the Executive Board.
- Prepare a yearly budget as a guide to spending in the student programs.
- Be faithful and a good steward of office hours set by Senior Pastor or his designee. Be faithful and a good steward of office hours set by Senior Pastor or his designee.
- All website information must be approved by Senior Pastor or his designee.
- Authentic and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Unquestionable love for Middle and High School students
- Strong knowledge of the Bible
- Ability to teach biblical truths and equip and empower Middle and High School students
- Ability to recruit, equip, empower, and shepherd volunteers in the Christian life
- Love and respect for people
- Tested leadership and teaching skills in previous staff or leadership roles.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation
- Commitment to the church’s vision, leadership, and people
- Positive attitude, dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative
- Ability to communicate regularly and effectively with students and parents
- Appropriate experience or equivalent education determined by Executive Board and/or search committee (Bachelors Degree preferred)
- Special Note: Possess a long-term (three to five years) call to student ministry. We want this person to be committed to our students. We will help you grow in your faith and prepare you for future ministry in Christ’s church; whether this is student ministry
or another area.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Range: $32,000-$38,000
- Health Benefits
- Opportunities for Continuing Education
- Full compensation package to be determined by Executive Board