Cornerstone United Methodist Church
Job Title: Student Ministries Director & Worship Technology
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Summary: To oversee developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to student ministry in the areas of worship, small group/discipleship, and outreach while serving as a spiritual leader and role model to students in grades
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be the lead vision caster for Student Ministries that supports the mission of changing lives by leading students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Communicate and promote the vision expressed by the Lead Pastor and Board of Servant Leaders as it applies to Student Ministry. Communicate needs, concerns, and successes in fulfilling that vision to the Executive Pastor, Lead Pastor or congregation, as
Programming and Structure:
- Develop a network of motivated and diverse ministry leaders capable of advancing the ministry and increase the number of students that hear the message of Jesus Christ. This involves recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to take on specific
roles that are needed to grow the ministry. Ensure that volunteers are encouraged and appreciated.
- Identify or develop creative programming that promotes healthy relationships in the lives of students, grades 7 – 12 and current college students. Support parents in teaching Christian values to their students at home. Programming should include activities
for students in various stages of their faith walk.
- Primary teacher in Student Ministry environments. Work with Worship Leaders to train students and volunteers to lead worship.
- Assume responsibility for recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers to take on roles that they have agreed to serve in. Ensure that volunteers are encouraged and appreciated.
- Assure that all groups and activities are covered with leaders/chaperones each meeting time. At least two adult leaders will be present during on-site programs. Off-site adult to student ratios shall be at least 1 to 8.
- Effectively plan and manage the budget assigned to Student Ministries. Conduct fund raising, as needed, within the scope of church policy.
- Assume responsibility for communicating relevant information to students, parents, staff, and volunteers.
- Monitor the health of Student Ministries through trends in attendance and participation in various programs.
- Assist in designing & executing technology (lights, sound and video) primarily for student ministry but also for children’s and adult worship experiences.
Developing Relationships with Students and Parents:
- We understand that the Student Ministries Director has a unique influence in the lives of students and parents. The Director should also have the capacity to identify and develop leadership gifts resident among members of the church and to equip others
in the skills required to develop the spiritual potential of teenagers.
- Engage in and develop community partnerships that will enhance student ministry in the West Chester/Hamilton/Fairfield areas.
- Spend time in the student culture making one available and visible in the community.
The Student Ministry Director will also interact with the Lead Pastor, Executive Pastor, Worship Leaders, and the Director of Children’s Ministries as their ministries are expected to impact one another in unique ways. He/she will also meet regularly with
other staff members as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor
Job Skills and Requirements:
- A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated the ability to lead both adult and youth volunteers in ministries that impact teenagers in the church and that take the Gospel to the surrounding community
- Abide by the Employee Handbook, and established church policies including Safe Sanctuaries.
- Will be a regular attendee of Sunday worship services and be involved in the church community life.
Evaluation and Compensation:
The Student Ministry Director works directly under the Executive Pastor and receives an annual performance evaluation. Compensation is reviewed annually.