Crossings Community Church is a 7,000 member non-demoninational church in Oklahoma City, but affiliated with the Church of God in Anderson, Indiana. Crossings Community Church (crossings.church) is one church in multiple locations. We are looking to hire
a Kids Pastor/Director for our Edmond Campus. if you feel that God is calling you to work directly with our Campus Pastor and staff we encourage you to read this job description and submit an application.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead and inspire a team of staff and volunteers to deliver meaningful, intentional and powerful experiences for young children to know the love of Jesus
- Maintain strong interpersonal skills bent toward cooperative, collaborative team leadership style
- Advocate for children’s ministry across departments and groups at Crossings Community Church
- Collaborate with Children’s Ministry Leader and the Children’s Directors’ at all campuses to execute common ministry strategy and to influence the whole church to be family-friendly
- Develop strategies and methods that grow the ministry and those involved and manage resources effectively
- Team with partner ministry areas (middle school, high school, missions, worship, etc.) to make Crossings Edmond a cohesive community that cares for children and families
- Design special events to spiritually form children and families, such as annual Vacation Bible School, Kids Faith, Parent Child Dedication and outreach as well as Seasonal Events; i.e. Christmas and Easter
- Manage Children’s Ministry programming for services each weekend
- Build a culture where volunteers and volunteerism thrives
- Develop and oversee the ministry strategy (e.g. Sunday morning, special needs ministry, events)
- Develop systems to recruit, train and retain volunteers for the weekend and midweek ministry to kids
- Offer regular communication to volunteers that express appreciation, inspires and informs them
- Grow campus attendance by creating and implementing a strategy that draws families in to the church through Crossings Kids ministry.
- Lead and develop teams and volunteers so that they are operating in their strengths and being most effective in their roles on the Crossings Kids team.
- Create a presence of Crossings Kids ministry at the Edmond campus and in the Edmond community
- Keep up and implement stage set designs for each kids series and developing kids large group programing with excellence
- Partners with parents and minister to the families to help in connecting what happens on the weekend with what happens at home.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Represent Crossings in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved.
- Complete any other tasks as may be assigned to fulfill the role of Edmond Kids Pastor/Director.
Skills Required for Position:
Strong oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications. Previous leadership experience working in children’s ministry in a large church setting. Strong presence teaching to large audiences of children and adults.
Education and Experience:
Experience with and ability to learn and leverage relevant technology and social media platforms for Crossings Kids including Fellowship One, Planning Center Online, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter strongly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child
Development, Christian Education or related field
Competency for Position: Customer Focus, Compassion, Delegation, Directing Others, Integrity & Trust, Build Effective Teams, Drive for Results, Organizing, Time Management, Planning.