Position: Kids Ministry Director, Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church
To equip parents to lead their kids to become committed disciples of Jesus Christ.
Reports To: Senior Pastor (member of Lead Team, in addition to Worship Arts Pastor, Student Pastor, Church Administrator and Academy Director)
Supervises: Sunday Evening Nursery Coordinator; all Kids Ministry volunteers.
Ministers To: kids ages birth through 5th grade and their families, as well as Academy (preschool) staff and families.
Job Classification: full-time, exempt.
Education: minimum of bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university.
Experience: proven track record of leading Kids Ministry. Must be seen as the “face” of the ministry. Ministerial experience in Kids Ministry leadership within a church context is preferred, though not required.
- Must be called by God to minister to kids and their families.
- Must have been a committed Christian for at least five (5) years.
- Must become a member of CVBC, and fulfill all expectations of church membership, including regular financial giving to the church’s ministries.
- Must affirm the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
- Should be an effective listener, a team player and communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Must pass both a background and credit check.
Demonstrate management skills to plan, organize, coordinate, train, recruit, develop and implement a disciple-making strategy for children and their parents.
- Develop a comprehensive disciple-making strategy for kids ages birth through 5th grade.
- Intentionally disciple key Kids Ministry volunteers.
- Recruit, train, direct and supervise all Kids Ministry volunteers.
- Interview, recommend and screen all Kids Ministry volunteers following established procedures.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures, including safety protocols, for Kids Ministry.
- Appoint and coordinate with the Vacation Bible School Director.
- Coordinate child care for special events.
- Prepare annual Kids Ministry budget for recommendation to Finance Team and Senior Pastor.
- Prepare and submit annual Kids Ministry calendar.
- Serve as “on-call” minister once every four (4) weeks.
- Implement ministry outreach to Academy (daycare) families and staff.
- Be active and visual in local elementary schools.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.