South Mountain Community Church has been pushing back the darkness in the Salt Lake Valley for 18 years. During that time over 1000 people have been baptized and attendance has grown to over 3,000 attenders across all five locations.
The South Jordan Campus rebooted in 2014. Under new leadership that campus has grown to about 400 attenders each week. In the past three years they have seen over 30 baptisms take place. They are about to begin construction on a new facility that will be
completed Fall 2017. It will serve as the first non-denominational church in the area.
South Jordan is one of the fastest growing areas in the United States. A suburb of Salt Lake City, it is a great blend of being close to the city but not feeling like you are in the city. The area is family friendly and provides plenty of things to do. Not
to mention that Wasatch Front provides one of the most beautiful sights in the country.
SMCC is looking for a leader to serve along side the team at the South Jordan Campus. This position requires a Pastor who is highly relational, possesses high emotional intelligence and likeability. Strength Finder describes this person as having the "woo
factor." If you can teach that's a bonus and their will be oppurtunities to do so but SMCC is looking for a Pastor who desires to be in the trenches on Sunday morning serving as a recruiting and connecting machine. It's also important for this Pastor's family
to be "all in" when it comes to ministry, regularly connecting with families outside Sunday morning services.
If you're family is ready to embrace one of the least churched areas in the United States please prayerfully consider joining the SMCC team. Below you'll find a job description that provides a snapshot of what this position requires.
Please email Campus Pastor, Rob Ryerson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to express your interest in this position. Thanks for your time!
SOUTH MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY CHURCH (SMCC)
POSITION: Next Steps Pastor (NSP)
LOCATION: South Jordan Campus (SJC)
REPORTS TO: South Jordan Campus Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
PAY: Negotiated Per Experience & Qualifications
BENEFITS: Health, Retirement & Paid Time Off
TOOLS FOR SUCCESS: Cell Phone Stipend, Personal Expense Account & Personal Computer
Modeling Full Devotion & Full Delight: At SMCC we hold firmly to the belief that you cannot lead someone somewhere you are not willing to go yourself. The NSP will be responsible for upholding biblical priorities and core values of SMCC.
The NSP should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ evidenced by how well the candidate loves others. The NSP models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The NSP fulfills his or her purpose
in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Regular practice of spiritual disciplines.
- Participating in a SMCC SJC small group on a regular basis.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing meaningful relationships with those within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of SMCC by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of SMCC employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
Purpose: The role of the Next Steps Pastor (NSP) is to oversee the connection and spiritual growth strategy of the SMCC SJC under the direction and leadership of the Campus Pastor. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and
strategy of SMCC and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The NSP will lead attenders to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at SMCC SJC by meeting people where they are and leading
them towards their next step. The NSP will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of adults through weekend services, groups, volunteer teams, and assimilation of new members.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
- Leading people in discovering their God-given S.H.A.P.E. and helping them plug into ministry.
- Constructing practical onramps (groups, classes, events, trainings) to help people move from attending to belonging and growing.
- Creating and continuously improving processes to ensure that new attenders are plugged in to community at SMCC SJC.
- Regularly connecting with new families outside of Sunday morning services.
- Communicating clear vision and wins for volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that kiosks, booths, signage and key areas are clear, current, and focused on new attenders.
- Recording next steps being taken.
Those that thrive at SMCC are:
- Comfortable with hard conversations.
- Able to manage their emotions well.
- Self motivated
- Growth minded.
- Efficient and effective workers.