If you love God and people, believe in the transforming power of community through small groups, and have the experience of getting people connected in the local church, then we would love to hear from you! Chapin United Methodist Church is searching for
its next Assimilation Minister. The person we hire will have responsibility for the oversight and supervision of all ministry teams that assimilate Adults into connected relationships. This person will lead and supervise the Adult Small Group Ministry, Adult
Sunday School and all First Connection/Welcoming ministries. The Assimilation Minister is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming environment for guests and attenders on Sunday Morning, and developing a community where people can meet Jesus Christ (connect);
develop into devoted Christ-followers through authentic biblical community (grow); and then repeat the process by investing in other’s lives (share).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Lead Adult Small Groups, creating and sustaining an environment of growth and health.
- Direct and oversee CUMC’s Adult Sunday School ministry.
- Lead and administrate all of CUMC’s ministries which create a welcoming environment for guests and attenders. These ministries include:
New members (class and visitation)
- Recruit, equip all volunteers serving in his/her assigned ministries
- Develop and oversee annual budget development and expenditures for his/her ministries
- Establish annual goals for his/her assigned ministries, ensuring they are in line with CUMC’s vision.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Minister or Operations Minister
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Have demonstrated experience and relevant training in a successful Small Group ministry
- Team builder and team player - able communicator
- Highly organized, able to complete assignments and tasks on time
Chapin, South Carolina is located 20 miles north of Columbia, South Carolina on the shores of Lake Murray. The growing town of Chapin is a highly desired location for people of all ages. With first class schools, excellent sports teams, and the lure of
recreational activities on the lake, our mild winters and long summers make Chapin a “go to” destination for families desiring to put roots down and invest in a great community.